Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Things i look for when i dont have a read (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=223656)

Dave I 09-29-2006 12:56 PM

Re: Things i look for when i dont have a read

[ QUOTE ]
Villians who buy in for a weird number
When villian buys in for 14.53 at a table i assume this is the last of his br and thus i give him the ole "donk" assumption. why else would he go to the trouble to buy in for such a weird vale unless that is all he has left. again i assume he is less then the avg player and change the way i play accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is iron-clad.

Shaddux 09-30-2006 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When villian buys in for 14.53 at a table i assume this is the last of his br and thus i give him the ole "donk" assumption. why else would he go to the trouble to buy in for such a weird vale unless that is all he has left. again i assume he is less then the avg player and change the way i play accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is iron-clad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I do this for fun sometimes.

pubbie 09-30-2006 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is iron-clad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I do this for fun sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have a wierd sense of what is fun..

I think Antinome just made a kick-ass post with VERY vaild points, especially the one about villian making PFR that takes into account action before them. I use this one all the time

tojx 09-30-2006 05:38 PM

This is a great thread and should be listed in the MicroNL FAQ

Sir Winalot 10-02-2006 08:54 AM

This might actually be a read but I've found that when I raise preflop in position and villain insta-checks into me on the flop a c-bet will work every time. I haven't been called or raised for as long is I remembre.

Jons 10-02-2006 09:19 AM

Actually I think it's quite a big leak drawing any conclusions about your opponents based on these things as they are easily forged for just that purpose.

I routinely do both number 1 and 3 and will start doing number 2 if it will help me fool people.
Also I sometimes post early by pure misstake (being busy on other tables etc..) and it obviously doesn't make any difference to my play. As other people have pointed out raising when posting in between works very well (for some reason)

Vammakala 10-02-2006 09:36 AM

I've actually seen some regulars at NL50 always buy-in for something like 47.25, or so, perhaps trying to make it look like they have their whole bankroll in play - this hasn't been the case. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But yea, it's often true. Many of these points are quite valid.

PietM 10-02-2006 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I always do this just because it costs me next to nothing and might, just might make people think i'm a donkey...

[/ QUOTE ]

Same lol...I play 6max, and although I won't do it dead UTG, I'll usually do it from the CO or MP. Part of it is multi-tabling laziness (wanna click auto-post to get it over with) and part is just hoping that someone decides I'm a fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

MultiTableHelper can click the 'Wait for the BB' and then check Auto-post automatically for you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Happy Time Harry 10-02-2006 03:56 PM

I will definitely be buying in for $0.93 less than the max and posting my big blind UTG tonight!

rebuyboy 10-02-2006 07:00 PM

Players with like over 4 buyins on the table and who are playing every hand and not multitabling are donkeys who went on a rush.