Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Fourway pot make 875 on turn OOP (2-7) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=201505)

*TT* 09-01-2006 06:34 PM

Re: Fourway pot make 875 on turn OOP (2-7)

[ QUOTE ]
not that it makes too much of a difference but perhaps it is enough to upgrade my play from downright fishy, to just plain bad. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No TD in 60 days!?!? I think I'd have to start robbing banks or skying diving if I went 60 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, how about a bit sushi like? Fishy without the stench.

I need to focus more on my main hold'em game because thats the core of my profit, also I've been playing Stud, Stud 8 and Razz rather badly so I want to devote my "other" time to those games. I might go pro later this year during the time that I move to Vegas, so I'd like to be sure I can support myself rather than spend all of my time playing a high variance game like TD.

Side note - last nights 2-7 4/8 game at the Wynn was myself, Larry David, Justin A and Gonores, one of the Wynn dealers (who got crushed) and a local who played semi-solid. I tipped out at least 3 stacks if not more and still finished up exactly $1 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]Drunken 2-7 with mandatory live straddles, and re-straddles is fun.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

dibbs 09-01-2006 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Side note - last nights 2-7 4/8 game at the Wynn was myself, Larry David, Justin A and Gonores, one of the Wynn dealers (who got crushed) and a local who played semi-solid. I tipped out at least 3 stacks if not more and still finished up exactly $1 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]Drunken 2-7 with mandatory live straddles, and re-straddles is fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

<- Jealous.

Soviet Exile 09-01-2006 07:13 PM

Stakes?

I'm three betting and deciding what to do after the action behind me. It matters a lot.

Glad to see a TD post in here. HORSE is not other poker in my opinion.

InWithTheBest 09-01-2006 07:17 PM

4 way pots mean lots of dead cards which makes drawing 2 to a winner that much harder. Id almost never draw 2 on last draw in a 4 way pot but if i was to do so i would have to close the action. Closing the action is absolutly mandatory giving you an easy fold.

DustinG 09-01-2006 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Larry David

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you don't mean Larry David of Curb and Seinfeld, do you? Just some other guy with two first names who likes td? Or perhaps you meant to put a comma in there and it was actually two seperate people? How does he play?

*TT* 09-01-2006 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Larry David

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you don't mean Larry David of Curb and Seinfeld, do you? Just some other guy with two first names who likes td? Or perhaps you meant to put a comma in there and it was actually two seperate people? How does he play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry David is a mid to high limit poster here on 2+2, he is not the real Larry David. He plays pretty standard for most TD games I have seen in Vegas, but as he pointed out "how come TT always has the nuts, even when its not the nuts" - I think that says it all. I think we are playing at a much higher level of understanding than the Vegas locals.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Larry David 09-01-2006 09:04 PM

Yeah, anyone who wants to get a TD game in Vegas, come to me in order to get a fishy game. I'm really bad and refuse to think while I play. Mega NLHE Donkey. TT must cheat to play so well. I only call him when I make a perfect 8 with one draw to go. With Justin and Gonores, I say I don't want to raise, but raise anyway for the value payoff with a dirty 9 or T.

I also can't believe I lost the hand where you 6 bet my blind 5 bet when I stayed pat 5 way with a J and one draw to go.

P.S. How was your game after the game?

AlanBostick 09-01-2006 09:42 PM

Put in the third raise, and stand pat.

*TT* 09-02-2006 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We got drunk (or rather I got drunk) and went to Hard Rock to play roulette and shoot craps. I was so drunk that I kept throwing the dice too hard, and I think this is a good place to note that Justin A is a super shooter! Goooo Justin! Roulette was pretty funny, I hit the first spin with a number that Justin picked when I put chips on 1/2 of all of the black numbers, then I sat out a spin because "its not a lucky round". The following round I put 5 chips on my birthday and won a nice little payoff. Apparently I run hot at -ev games!

Larry David 09-02-2006 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We got drunk (or rather I got drunk) and went to Hard Rock to play roulette and shoot craps. I was so drunk that I kept throwing the dice too hard, and I think this is a good place to note that Justin A is a super shooter! Goooo Justin! Roulette was pretty funny, I hit the first spin with a number that Justin picked when I put chips on 1/2 of all of the black numbers, then I sat out a spin because "its not a lucky round". The following round I put 5 chips on my birthday and won a nice little payoff. Apparently I run hot at -ev games!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds fun, but I was hoping it would end a little more risque. Good thinking sitting out the "unlucky" round. I also ran really well the first of two times I played roulette. I suck at craps though. I wonder how much Justin charges for lessons [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Hope you had a good birthday not so old guy.