Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   MAFIA (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=192400)

Hornacek 08-21-2006 10:14 AM

Re: MAFIA

Boiler knows this.

Boiler_bd 08-21-2006 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As I recall, vigilantes have a bad record on night 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Results oriented thinking. I have faith in our man this time around.

aaronk56 08-21-2006 10:15 AM

Lynch Boiler

Iron_Yuppie 08-21-2006 10:16 AM

I don't think I've played with soah before.

(Or Morbo either; but I do not wish to anger Morbo.)

Iron_Yuppie 08-21-2006 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Vigilante: Villager that can make night kills. Has 6 bullets, each of which have a 50/50 chance of success. He must choose how many shots to fire when he picks his target, giving him a range of choices from firing once and hoping to win the coinflip, or completely unloading for an almost guaranteed kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest the vigilante wait at least 1 night. I have no problem with picking 1 person every night from then on out. Use 1 bullet unless there is a good reason to prevent wasting bullets.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just want to give your buddies time to put on body armor.

DMBFan23 08-21-2006 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Vigilante: Villager that can make night kills. Has 6 bullets, each of which have a 50/50 chance of success. He must choose how many shots to fire when he picks his target, giving him a range of choices from firing once and hoping to win the coinflip, or completely unloading for an almost guaranteed kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest the vigilante wait at least 1 night. I have no problem with picking 1 person every night from then on out. Use 1 bullet unless there is a good reason to prevent wasting bullets.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I was going to suggest exactly the opposite. Hmm, maybe we could see what Bram thinks about your plan.

I think two/three salvos at very very likely evils is the way to go for the vigilante.

One bullet: 50% chance of kill
Two bullets: 75% chance of kill
Three bullets: 87.5% chance of kill
Four Bullets: 94% chance of kill
Five Bullets: 97% chance of kill
Six Bullets: 98.5% chance of kill

Seems like two salvos of three is the best way to go IMO.

However, he can't wait too long or the baddies are more likely going to have body armor.

I'm not going to turn day 1 into a vigilante strategy argument, but there are my thoughts.

shortline99 08-21-2006 10:23 AM

The obvious problem with any sort of vigilante mass-murder plan is that there are no "clear evils." I personally have never been able to distinguish seer from evil.

I'm thinking whether we should be picking kills for the vigilante or just letting him be his own man/woman or what.

Iron_Yuppie 08-21-2006 10:23 AM

Fishmonger, quick question,

What if the mafia buy armor for someone on the same time the vigilante goes after him?

DMBFan23 08-21-2006 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally have never been able to distinguish seer from evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the crux of the problem, as we've seen through countless lynchings and Bond-ings.

Our House 08-21-2006 10:25 AM

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay, I'm a villager this game. No complicated roles, nothing.

Boiler for the fastest round one long game evil kill ever.