Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   dan bright (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=188040)

SamIAm 08-17-2006 11:44 PM

Re: dan bright

Can he be banned from <everything but poker>?
-Sam

Mat Sklansky 08-17-2006 11:53 PM

i told jim to speak with him and then unban him next wednesday. if we ever do go to different software a function to block people from individual forums would be nice. Has anyone seen this function elsewhere?

Ryan Beal 08-18-2006 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if we ever do go to different software a function to block people from individual forums would be nice. Has anyone seen this function elsewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

vBulletin

Jurollo 08-18-2006 01:14 AM

This site has a nice run down of message board software. PHPbb is a good one.
~Justin

Ryan Beal 08-18-2006 01:32 AM

phpBB is pretty good too, and I'm fairly sure it has a similar feature.

*TT* 08-18-2006 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
phpBB is pretty good too, and I'm fairly sure it has a similar feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

phpBB unfortunately is crash prone from what I recall (I run a small phpBBB forum for my websites suport system) and it doesn't translate well to a large community. UBB Threads 7.0 is in beta now, its looking very good and includes an top level interface that seems reminiscent of other php CMS applications while maintaining the core forum level interface. Invision is really the only other commonly used forum that is an option.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Ryan Beal 08-18-2006 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
phpBB unfortunately is crash prone from what I recall (I run a small phpBBB forum for my websites suport system) and it doesn't translate well to a large community.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that, but I've also heard that it has improved quite a bit recently. Regardless, phpBB didn't support threaded mode without a mod the last time I looked into it.

I prefer vBulletin anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
UBB Threads 7.0 is in beta now

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, I don't have much faith in UBB devs at this point. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Dids 08-18-2006 10:55 AM

phpBB is probalby the most popular, that also means there's the most hacks and knowledge of how to [censored] it up out there. I'd feel like to run it we'd need more support from our tech guys that it seems like we'd get.

andyfox 08-18-2006 01:15 PM

How you can give somebody another chance with the two posts you moved here is a mystery to me. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't care if he's Doyle Brunson and John von Neumann rolled into one. This is the kind of person we want as part of the 2+2 community?

*TT* 08-18-2006 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How you can give somebody another chance with the two posts you moved here is a mystery to me. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't care if he's Doyle Brunson and John von Neumann rolled into one. This is the kind of person we want as part of the 2+2 community?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind Andy when there is a will there is a way, he will most likely return to the 2+2 community in one form or another, hopefully with a cleaned up act of course. Since that is an inevitable I think its best to try to reason with Dan first, discuss with him why he is closely being watched.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]