Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Lets make a list: Who got screwed by Party in the 1M tourney ? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=180381)

lpblkc72 08-06-2006 10:05 PM

Re: Lets make a list: Who got screwed by Party in the 1M tourney ?

The event ahould have been canceled and paid as of the 752 player mark. Everything after that was unfair. My equity actually went up after the problems, so I will be interested to see how they handle the payouts.

Superfluous Man 08-06-2006 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and now i have a stack

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmmm, you still playing?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, by the time i posted that, someone had busted at my table and it had frozen. It's been stuck like that ever since.

SmileyEH 08-06-2006 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The event ahould have been canceled and paid as of the 752 player mark. Everything after that was unfair. My equity actually went up after the problems, so I will be interested to see how they handle the payouts.

[/ QUOTE ]

THEOSU 08-06-2006 10:36 PM

good at bluffing?

Clayton 08-06-2006 10:47 PM

i'm laughing at the thought of some kid in India with an awful connection that has somehow found the greatest goldmind of a 215 dollar (or 709872435 rupee) tournament. EVERYONE ELSE IS DISCONNECTED, I NOW HAVE TWICE THE CHIPS OF 2ND, ZOMG I WILL BE THE RICHIEST KID IN MY CITY!!!! THX ANURAG.

Schaefer 08-06-2006 10:51 PM

I had 44K with 752 left and was down to 17K by the time I got reconnected. I wrote them a long email but who knows what's going to happen. It was pretty damn ridiculous and I'm probably never going to play on Party again.

NHFunkii 08-06-2006 10:52 PM

party is so bad I don't understand it

they are making ZILLIONS OF DOLLARS every day and yet every single week there's a new MASSIVE PROBLEM

Tornado69 08-06-2006 11:28 PM

I was 31st in chips with 752 people to go ... had something like 93k in chips I believe. And had 144k in chips when the tournament ended with 250 peeps left so I was about 60-70th in chips. I better get a good god damn pay day :@ ...

Zinzan 08-06-2006 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had 44K with 752 left and was down to 17K by the time I got reconnected. I wrote them a long email but who knows what's going to happen. It was pretty damn ridiculous and I'm probably never going to play on Party again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar situation... had t24K (I think avg was about t35K) w/752 left. Table said tourney was paused. After a while, someone notice other tables were semi-playing--no one was actually playing, but auto-folding to BB.

Then someone noticed that at one table, one guy was playing and stealing everyones' blinds. Then someone noticed our stacks at our table had changed dramatically--everyone blinded down, but one guy had almost quadrupled up.

At that point, I figured I had nothing to lose and closed Party and got back in. I could now play, but I was down to 14K going into the BB (3K). Went out shortly thereafter.

Maybe I should have tried to disconnect/reconnect earlier, but last year when my table paused, I disconnected immediately and couldn't reconnect. All the while, I'm reading on 2+2, "hey, tourney is no longer paused. gl, everyone." I was never able to reconnect to that tourney, which eventually was cancelled.

I used to play 98% on Party. Over the last 5/6 weeks, I've started playing about 40% on Stars and about 15% on FullTilt. I'm trying to ween myself off the fish on Party.

-Z

sirio11 08-07-2006 12:21 AM

Has anybody received any info from Party?