Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Omaha players HATE to have their play challenged (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=163868)

pokeriseasy 07-17-2006 07:18 PM

Re: Omaha players HATE to have their play challenged

I lie a lot, when people try to get info. I love telling people I was on a draw when I had a set and they say the folded something like TPTK. One time I pushed knowing I had the best hand the guy folded and as soon as he did I put in the chatbox "Phew" he said he had QQ I had KK. I told him I had AK. I try to put people on tilt not let them know they made a good laydown.

LegendofLink 07-17-2006 09:16 PM

i honestly don't think i've ever told the truth in a situation when someone has asked about my hand....maybe once or twice, but it is always lies to work out in my advantage in later hands. if i can't lie so that it works out better for me later, then ijust don't respond

dtemp 07-18-2006 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i honestly don't think i've ever told the truth in a situation when someone has asked about my hand....maybe once or twice, but it is always lies to work out in my advantage in later hands. if i can't lie so that it works out better for me later, then ijust don't respond

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, I lie nearly 100% of the time and when I do tell the truth its with the intention of making them think I'm lying.

Phishy McFish 07-18-2006 09:48 AM

I don't always try to make them think they made the right or wrong play. I ALWAYS try to get them to think laying down was the right play. If I never HAVE to go to a showdown, I am fine with that. I think my best sessions are when I win a few decent pots early on draws, not made hands. Then I can value bluff at any scare turn and/or river cards that don't pair the board...and even with small bets I get folds because they think I am always on the draw.

I don't want a guy to ever think I bluffed him as I don't want him to call me when I may be bluffing or even semi-bluffing.

I want the T high flush to fold the river.

Chimichonga 07-18-2006 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want a guy to ever think I bluffed him as I don't want him to call me when I may be bluffing or even semi-bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given my style of play, this is how I tend to lie about my hands.

Phishy McFish 07-18-2006 12:15 PM

So you DO want the calls or, like me, want to be able to buy some pots later without the thought of "he told me he bluffed me earlier" sticking in their, or someone else's, head??

Chimichonga 07-18-2006 12:48 PM

Buy pots...