Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   New hope for liberals (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=153875)

DVaut1 07-04-2006 05:08 PM

Re: New hope for liberals

Copernicus 07-04-2006 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have a sense of humor and don't be an uptight anal retentive.

[/ QUOTE ]
Firstly it wasn't even remotely funny and secondly there are other places for this type of "humor". You'd probably get [censored] if you posted this in OOT though. Try LOL, perhaps you'll find your natural homeground.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing that Andy understands the nature of political "Cartoons" better than you or whoever the OOT mods are.

More fiber might help your situation.

evil twin 07-05-2006 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good thing that Andy understands the nature of political "Cartoons" better than you

[/ QUOTE ]
You OP had zero content and was entirely designed to get a rise out of "liberals". I'm fairly certain Andy wasn't looking at your "joke" and understanding it, rather just cutting you some slack and hoping this would just drop off the front fairly quickly.

I simply don't understand why you're defending your utterly pointless OP.

PS feel free to get the last word, I'm letting this drop now.

Copernicus 07-05-2006 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good thing that Andy understands the nature of political "Cartoons" better than you

[/ QUOTE ]
You OP had zero content and was entirely designed to get a rise out of "liberals". I'm fairly certain Andy wasn't looking at your "joke" and understanding it, rather just cutting you some slack and hoping this would just drop off the front fairly quickly.

I simply don't understand why you're defending your utterly pointless OP.

PS feel free to get the last word, I'm letting this drop now.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, no poll about whether it was funny or not? Please do drop it, you are embarassing yourself.

TaintedRogue 07-05-2006 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doctors have their first proof that a man who was barely conscious for nearly 20 years regained speech and movement because his brain spontaneously rewired itself by growing tiny new nerve connections to replace the ones sheared apart in a car crash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fortunately, this is just an abberation and our Congress & White House is still a Conservative Majority, who, can be Proud of Their President's accomplishments.

For instance:
Bush cut 4.3 Billion from the Education Budget.
Programs within education, such state grants which allowed for the research to eliminate achievement gaps and improve learning of ALL students. 272 Million
Eliminated "Even Start" designed to improve the literacy of academic achievement of young children and their low-income family. Savings: 99 million

You can view the other 40 program cuts at:
http://usliberals.about.com/od/educa...EdBudget07.htm

There are many who thank God every night, that they have such a President currently in office, saving tax dollars that would otherwise go to the Public School System, of which their children are either not a part, or go to a public school within such an affluent area, that their schools don't need those tax dollars to provide Their children with a proper education that affords them the opportunities needed to succeed in life.

I have no trouble in seeing why Conservatives are so Proud of being a Conservative.

vulturesrow 07-05-2006 11:14 AM

Never mind that education spending is inversely correlated with academic success in the public school system.

TaintedRogue 07-05-2006 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Never mind that education spending is inversely correlated with academic success in the public school system.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why Conservatives can be so proud of their President, who is willing to take the Bull by the Horns and take action to eliminate the wasteful spending on a part of U.S. Society that has no chance of succeeding.

Why spend good money chasing after a Diamond in the Rough, when the Better Half has everything under control and has no need to see the less fortunate pull themselves out of the hole they are born into.

I live in a rural town in West Virginia. I have a house, 2 cars, $1600.00 worth of golf clubs, spend $80.00 each summer on golf gloves and have a wife who with clothing budget of $2500.00 per year, to compensate for my $2500.00 golfing habit. I wouldn't be writing this, if it were not for the fact that it is raining.

So, why should I give a damn about citizens in the inner city of Chicago or Detroit? I don't know.....I try not to, but I just can't stop caring.

vulturesrow 07-05-2006 11:55 AM

I'm guessing you dont understand what I wrote. Throwing more money at education isnt going to help any inner city kids. But hey, its so much easier to sit behind your computer and pine over the plight of inner city kids and bash out snide commentary that has little content, rather than actually discuss the issue.

DVaut1 07-05-2006 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a house, 2 cars, $1600.00 worth of golf clubs, spend $80.00 each summer on golf gloves and have a wife who with clothing budget of $2500.00 per year, to compensate for my $2500.00 golfing habit. I wouldn't be writing this, if it were not for the fact that it is raining.

[/ QUOTE ]

I broke 90 for the first time on Monday. Drinks were on me in the clubhouse after. gg me. golf > poker

Just thought I'd share with you guys.

The once and future king 07-05-2006 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fortunate pull themselves out of the hole they are born into.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if it wouldnt be a good idea to make the holes deeper. Making it out the hole would be an education in and of itself.