Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Wat do do with A10s here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=14844)

A_PLUS 01-18-2006 02:44 PM

Re: Wat do do with A10s here?

If you give him a tightish calling range of 77+, AJ+. You need him to fold about 50% of the time here to make a push correct.

Assuming this is never a straight steal, you would need him to be raising a range like: A9+, KT+, 44+ to make a push correct. Since we have to add in at least 10% pure bluffs here. I am certain a push is better than a fold. I would be interested to here what others thought about other lines than might be better than a push. I could see calling and leading the flop being valid here as well.

***I forgot about antes, you need him to fold even less than 50% of the time for a push to be profitable. Plus this can help keep people off your blinds in the future, which is always nice.

betgo 01-18-2006 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you give him a tightish calling range of 77+, AJ+. You need him to fold about 50% of the time here to make a push correct.

Assuming this is never a straight steal, you would need him to be raising a range like: A9+, KT+, 44+ to make a push correct. Since we have to add in at least 10% pure bluffs here. I am certain a push is better than a fold. I would be interested to here what others thought about other lines than might be better than a push. I could see calling and leading the flop being valid here as well.

***I forgot about antes, you need him to fold even less than 50% of the time for a push to be profitable. Plus this can help keep people off your blinds in the future, which is always nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need for him to fold about 45% of the time if he always dominates you if he calls. Realistically, you may be called by 55-99, Ax, or Kx. So maybe you need 35% folds.

I am pretty sure the push is cEV+ unless you are sure the big stack is a very tight raiser.

If villain calls and loses, he will no longer a big stack, so I think you have decent FE.

Plus, if it is borderline, I want to defend my blind and gamble to make the big money.

You could also play it as a stop and go. Call and push any flop. Once you call, there is 33K in the pot and you have 38K left, so I think you have to push any flop, unless you flop a flush or it comes ATT or something.

Ansky 01-18-2006 03:32 PM

omg i agree with betgo.

I push this every day and twice on sunday or something like that.

Bernas 01-18-2006 03:39 PM

I am either pushing or stop n go here.

Shaver67 01-18-2006 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I push this every day and twice on sunday or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

legendary loser 01-18-2006 07:55 PM

Results

I thought for quite a while and ended up pushing in. The big stack took his time, but eventually called with AJ and I was knocked out. At the time I wanted to gamble, in order to put myself into good position to make the final table, but as a few people have said, I really had no reason to panic and I also did not have a solid read on this player. Thanks for the help.

Ansky 01-18-2006 07:57 PM

Re: Results

Don't second guess yourself, this is +cEV against almost every range he has.

A_PLUS 01-18-2006 08:03 PM

All the results prove is that AJ was in his range, and would call. Any thoughtful analysis knew both of these things were true before hand.

Desperation is a reason to make a move. It is never to pass one up.

Ansky 01-18-2006 08:05 PM

You write too elequent for me to understand.

FGators 01-18-2006 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is too speculative a holding. Dump the hand and make a play when you get a pair or AK, AQ later and he pulls the same raise. You are NOT in panic mode yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meant to clarify that I'm also pushing pairs. MP isn't late position, obviously, so I think I can lay down KQ and AJ here.
I dont know for sure of how I would play it. But if this is your range to call, players will be killing each other for the right to raise your blind.

[/ QUOTE ]