Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I used a read......correctly?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=147560)

ninenine_zoe 06-26-2006 02:38 PM

Re: I used a read......correctly??

if he bluff-checkraises the turn with a lesser hand he deserves the pot.

brettbrettr 06-26-2006 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This board isn't bluff immune.

MacGuyV 06-26-2006 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If your read is that he peels flops light, why not bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There are times where getting bluff raised on the turn will happen at a high enough frequency that checking behind to combat this AND possibly induce bluffs is the more profitable play (note: betting the turn is obviously superior with a stronger hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

There's something to be said for this but still...he's a peeler.
I dunno I supposed I'm getting bluffed here sometimes but it never happens when I have an Ace.

Hobbs. 06-26-2006 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are times where getting bluff raised on the turn will happen at a high enough frequency that checking behind to combat this AND possibly induce bluffs is the more profitable play (note: betting the turn is obviously superior with a stronger hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're checking the turn to induce bluffs then why are you betting the turn with a stronger hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
I should have left out the inducing bluffs part, but the idea I wanted to get across is that a hand like QT high pretty much has to fold to a turn check/raise even though the guy will be bluffing a fair amount of the time. OTOH, I would gladly bet the turn and call down a raise with a hand like 88. I guess, I want to protect my equity in the pot by not betting the turn with QTo because we will be forced to fold a) the best hand or b) a hand with 6-9 outs some portion of the time. I think protecting this equity is more important then the profit we get from getting him to fold a 6 outer.

Big Poppa Smurf 06-26-2006 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're checking the turn to induce bluffs then why are you betting the turn with a stronger hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's saying that checking the turn to avoid getting bluff check-raised and possibly induce a bluff on the river is better here. With a stronger hand, you want to bet to get him to try to bluff you off your hand.

Hobbs. 06-26-2006 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno I supposed I'm getting bluffed here sometimes but it never happens when I have an Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]
A lot of the times these bluffs never go to showdown because we 3-bet the turn and they either fold immediately or call and fold the river if they have a draw.

ninenine_zoe 06-26-2006 02:52 PM

with other words: kwaz has played the hand correctly?
i mean, im here to learn something.

Hobbs. 06-26-2006 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
sure, but why put ourselves in a position to be outplayed in the first place?

gopnik 06-26-2006 02:58 PM

So, is this a new standard to raise UTG with QTo?

Hobbs. 06-26-2006 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, is this a new standard to raise UTG with QTo?

[/ QUOTE ]
5 handed it is.