Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Rappers to boycott Cristal champagne (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=139702)

poker-penguin 06-16-2006 11:09 AM

Re: Rappers to boycott Cristal champagne

It makes sense, Cristal's target market don't want to be associated with the bling / gangsta lifestyle.

M. Rouzeaud makes sense, and if I am ever in the market for expensive champagne (unlikely, but hey), I'm now going to buy Cristal because Jay Z is just wrongly playing the racist card.

Believe it or not, sometimes people dislike you just for being a dick, not because of the colour of your skin.

jaydub 06-16-2006 11:22 AM

PP,

If not racist, they are definitely elitist. I suspect a little of both.

J

Dids 06-16-2006 11:22 AM

lolz @ people thinking this is somehow not about race

SL__72 06-16-2006 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It makes sense, Cristal's target market don't want to be associated with the bling / gangsta lifestyle.

M. Rouzeaud makes sense, and if I am ever in the market for expensive champagne (unlikely, but hey), I'm now going to buy Cristal because Jay Z is just wrongly playing the racist card.

Believe it or not, sometimes people dislike you just for being a dick, not because of the colour of your skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their target audience isn't watching rap videos anyway. And if they are, they are buying cristal because thats what they see in the videos.

Daliman 06-16-2006 11:24 AM

Rappers are only interested in Cristal for its bling factor, not because it is a great champagne. If a champagne called "Dogchit" was the most expensive, they'd be rhyming it with "fog hit",(people have equated drinking Cristal with "drinking fog).

StevieG 06-16-2006 11:28 AM

This is an opening salvo. Expect to see Jay-Z marketing his own brand of high-end sparkling wine a la Armandale vodka.

Daliman 06-16-2006 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is an opening salvo. Expect to see Jay-Z marketing his own brand of high-end sparkling wine a la Armandale vodka.

[/ QUOTE ]

H.O.V.A. branch out? I don't see it.....

Greenfield 06-16-2006 11:33 AM

Jay Z was anti semitic in one of his songs I seem to remember.

The point is - who cares about racism. It's everyones right to be racist if they want.

Daliman 06-16-2006 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jay Z was anti semitic in one of his songs I seem to remember.

The point is - who cares about racism. It's everyones right to be racist if they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

While that's true, it's also everyone's right to boycott, and urge others to do so.

doc_1982 06-16-2006 11:37 AM

"Flow tight like i was born Jewish"? Is that the lyric you're referring to?