Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   FT - AQ in the big blind (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=13876)

dtam61 01-17-2006 06:57 PM

Re: FT - AQ in the big blind

calling is out of the question?

what is the range?

<< You will rarely ever get a pair to fold on the flop given the stack sizes. >>

he is pot commited with his miniraise? i don;t think he wanted to be pot commited.

Ansky 01-17-2006 07:05 PM

Yes calling is out of the question. You have 6 bbs and a very good hand that wants to see a showdown. Also think about what happens if you call and then fold the flop. You basically give him all the chance he has to outplay you post flop with position and the position of strength in the hand. You really have no room to be cold calling raises here.

His range is very player dependant although against an unknown, it could be as wide as A8o+ A2s+, KTo+, K9s+, QTs+, all pairs... etc.

geestyle 01-17-2006 07:12 PM

ALL-IN!! You make him post the question 'I min raise with (marginal hand of your choice) and the BB puts me all-in? HELP!'

dtam61 01-17-2006 07:13 PM

i edited my earlier response to u. not sure if you have read it.

<<You will rarely ever get a pair to fold on the flop given the stack sizes. >>

he mini raised, i don;t think he wants to be pot commited.
if the flop was akx, why wouldn't he fold?

Ansky 01-17-2006 07:18 PM

If thats the flop, you don't want him to fold. The point of a stop and go is to fold out better hands on the flop that woudlnt fold preflop. Even if villain has 22, there are hardly any flops which he would fold to a stop and go. What I am saying is that on the flop with ace high, if you push, worse hands fold and better ones call.

dtam61 01-17-2006 07:18 PM

probablities of monster/ marginal - 20%/80% ????

dtam61 01-17-2006 07:22 PM

thanks, that makes sense.

can you give me scenario when a stop n go should be used?

Ansky 01-17-2006 07:22 PM

Something like that, although probably closer to 10/90.

01-17-2006 07:26 PM

With only 6xBB I don't think you can afford to fold this, even if you sense you might be beat (which I don't think you are). I think MP1's range is well wide enough for you to proftably push here.

geestyle 01-17-2006 07:39 PM

There's a small chance of a monster... But this isn't the time for tame play. I'd make the push though here for 2 reasons 1) try and win the pot either taking it down or seeing 5 cards, and 2)push my image at the table. I like a gamble though, and in this case if you pull it off, you can be pretty sure anyone betting into you will only do it with strong hands if you've been generally solid - well for a round or 2 at least ;-)