Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   JJ UTG+1 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=125883)

CityFan 05-30-2006 11:28 AM

Re: JJ UTG+1

I'm guessing you got beat by a straight. Not much you can do about that, and getting all in is the best defence.

How to get all-in is the question, so I think saying "you got all in, nothing to discuss" is a bit results-orientated.

Apart from betting the pot, other options on the flop would be a slowplay or check-raise. Is top trips good enough for a slowplay?

tmacs1 05-30-2006 11:31 AM

did someone hit a straight - ofcourse you played this right WTF else could you have done??

xGREGORx 05-30-2006 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing you got beat by a straight. Not much you can do about that, and getting all in is the best defence.

How to get all-in is the question, so I think saying "you got all in, nothing to discuss" is a bit results-orientated.

Apart from betting the pot, other options on the flop would be a slowplay or check-raise. Is top trips good enough for a slowplay?

[/ QUOTE ]

not on that draw heavy board

Grunch 05-30-2006 11:34 AM

AJ might trump me, and I'm fine with it if he does. But I'm choosing to not lock this thread.

Normally I would lock this thread becasue it has all the signs of being a bad beat post. Hero is properly aggressive PF, flops the nuts and is properly aggressive & gets all-in on the flop. There is no debate that this line is good & proper.

But the OP is a self-described NL rookie, and I believe he's asking the question genuinely. And I've said it before: if you can't ask rookie questions in SSNL, where can you ask them?

So I'm leaving this thread open.

xGREGORx 05-30-2006 11:42 AM

for the OP, just so we're clear... it was perfectly played on the flop our young apprentice... carry on with your training and you soon will become a member of the jedi council

subzero 05-30-2006 11:50 AM

Preflop raise is good. Leading that flop is good. It's draw-heavy. You are a huge favorite. Get your money in the middle now. Pretty standard play. It doesn't matter what happens on the turn or river. You played it correctly.

Acehawk74 05-30-2006 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AJ might trump me, and I'm fine with it if he does. But I'm choosing to not lock this thread.

Normally I would lock this thread becasue it has all the signs of being a bad beat post. Hero is properly aggressive PF, flops the nuts and is properly aggressive & gets all-in on the flop. There is no debate that this line is good & proper.

But the OP is a self-described NL rookie, and I believe he's asking the question genuinely. And I've said it before: if you can't ask rookie questions in SSNL, where can you ask them?

So I'm leaving this thread open.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grunch,

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Acehawk74 05-30-2006 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for the OP, just so we're clear... it was perfectly played on the flop our young apprentice... carry on with your training and you soon will become a member of the jedi council

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... nh sir.