Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Things people like that let you know they suck (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=118351)

Beavis68 05-20-2006 09:44 PM

Re: Things people like that let you know they suck

A Painted House is a great little book.

Bleachers wasn't bad.

A Time to Kill was good.

James Boston 05-20-2006 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Music: Jimmy Buffett, Grateful Dead, Bob Marley

Not necessarily because their music is particularly horrible, but naming any of the above among your favorite artists pretty much just says "I'm a boring person who likes to smoke lots of weed."

[/ QUOTE ]

All 3 of the above are very good, not my favorites, but still make very enjoyable music. FWIW, I haven't smoked weed in a long time, and am generally not boring.

mrTEA 05-20-2006 09:46 PM

Steven Seagal

faded 05-20-2006 09:46 PM

Jamie Kennedy

astroglide 05-20-2006 09:48 PM

did you edit the OP? i didn't see the detail the first time around, that's why i mentioned the big mac/breast. mea culpa if not, good edit if so. i like the thread idea.

i think nickelback is genuinely good at what they do, and i don't think it's accidental, lucky, or on virtue of gimmick that they crank out so many widely popular songs. i agree with creed and maroon 5 but i would put, say, sum 41 up there instead of nickelback.

i think the "symbols good, text logos bad" rule sounds pretty fair.

J.A.Sucker 05-20-2006 09:48 PM

El D,

Does the fact that it's obvious make it more or less true? Just curious.

Your "friend,"
The Sucker

meleader2 05-20-2006 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AC,

That reminds me. Pretty much anyone who likes clothes that have a huge logo (ie: VERSACE, DIESEL, D&G, TOMMY, SEAN JOHN) or brand name on them. The exception to this, of course, is people who wear highly-logoed athletic wear from Nike, Adidas, etc. That is cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

but why is that? because of the simplicity of the logo? the message it sends vs. the status symbol?

El Diablo 05-20-2006 09:50 PM

astro,

Nah, that was there from the beginning. That's what I thought you were responding to.

bisonbison 05-20-2006 09:50 PM

You.

The funnier answer is "Me."

miajag 05-20-2006 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Music: Jimmy Buffett, Grateful Dead, Bob Marley

Not necessarily because their music is particularly horrible, but naming any of the above among your favorite artists pretty much just says "I'm a boring person who likes to smoke lots of weed."

[/ QUOTE ]

All 3 of the above are very good, not my favorites, but still make very enjoyable music. FWIW, I haven't smoked weed in a long time, and am generally not boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you over 40? Because liking them is much more excusable if you are older and like them in a nostalgic sense. I was mostly referring to people in my age group (early-mid 20s) who like them because it was cool to be a hippie in high school.