Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   5/10 - flopped bottom set (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=108558)

P Chippa 05-09-2006 11:31 AM

Re: 5/10 - flopped bottom set

[ QUOTE ]
You don't consider a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are considering folding this, you should be folding preflop IMO.

pocketjesuits 05-09-2006 11:33 AM

Because he threw out a pot-size bet into a 5-way pot? Whether he has an overpair or not, he is stating that he has one with this bet.

Button then proceeds to call rather quickly. I have a hard time believing this is 99-TT. JJ maybe.

KingBenno 05-09-2006 11:35 AM

[quote
If you are considering folding this, you should be folding preflop IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you playing this for set value if your going to consider folding on this board anyway?!?!?

05-09-2006 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because he threw out a pot-size bet into a 5-way pot? Whether he has an overpair or not, he is stating that he has one with this bet.

Button then proceeds to call rather quickly. I have a hard time believing this is 99-TT. JJ maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously don't know anything about Button, but you need to re-evaluate your hand ranges that you assign. I think this can easily be 67s, A8s, 66-77, or 99-QQ. People are more willing to call with hands like A8s or 66-77 because they probably won't be risking a significant portion of their stack (assuming they get HU with PFR).

pocketjesuits 05-09-2006 11:39 AM

You guys talk as if this board is good for me. I'd much rather get it all-in on a board of AT2 or KQ2 two-tone than 852 rainbow.

I'm only considering folding giving the situation. I don't think the button is so eager to flat call a pot-size bet w 99-JJ and I don't put him on 85s. I think his most likely holdings are 88 and 55.

pocketjesuits 05-09-2006 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I obviously don't know anything about Button, but you need to re-evaluate your hand ranges that you assign. I think this can easily be 67s, A8s, 66-77, or 99-QQ. People are more willing to call with hands like A8s or 66-77 because they probably won't be risking a significant portion of their stack (assuming they get HU with PFR).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is a realistic hand range.

76s doesn't call a potsize bet when villain has very little left behind and there is still the possibility of a checkraise from up front.

I also don't see a float with 77 or 66 in this 5-way pot against this opponent.

Button plays his button aggressively, and I think he would reraise QQ to hopefully pick up the dead money, or at least isolate against this shortstacked opponent.

A8s - i don't think this opponent calls preflop with this

99-JJ - These are possible. However I think button thinks a little about continuing with these hands against a likely higher pair AND a very possible checkraise from up front.

ObnxNole 05-09-2006 11:49 AM

Dude! You have a set and not deep enough to worry about being set over set. Figure out a way to get all of your money in the middle.

pocketjesuits 05-09-2006 11:50 AM

So if you guys aren't even think about getting away from this hand now, am I assuming that you aren't going to think of getting away from it on a later street?

Suppose these two lines:

1)

Flop:
Hero calls

Turn:
Hero checks, MP2 pushes ($300), Button calls ($300), Hero...

Now can we get away from it? I definitely do not think button would call here with 99-JJ. He would be far too worried about us having a set. I think we can comfortably fold here.

2)

Flop:

Hero raises $500, MP2 calls all-in ($300), Button calls/pushes

Now can we get away from it? We're getting over 3-1 on the rest of our chips but I don't see what we beat here.

05-09-2006 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So if you guys aren't even think about getting away from this hand now, am I assuming that you aren't going to think of getting away from it on a later street?

Suppose these two lines:

1)

Flop:
Hero calls

Turn:
Hero checks, MP2 pushes ($300), Button calls ($300), Hero...

Now can we get away from it?

2)

Flop:

Hero raises $500, MP2 calls all-in ($300), Button calls/pushes

Now can we get away from it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. And no.

Yeti 05-09-2006 11:56 AM

pocket,

Situation 1) is what I'm gunning for. If it happens, I probably congratulate myself then nut on my laptop.

Obviously 2) doesn't look great but you have to call now. This is why I would not advise raising the flop.