Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   c-bet article...finally online (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=105968)

Phil Van Sexton 05-06-2006 10:53 AM

Re: c-bet article...finally online

Great article. My question is about bet sizes.

You say [ QUOTE ]
Usually when you make these c-bets, you will be betting anywhere from 50% to 100% of the pot (in Sngs I usually avoid making full pot sized c-bets).

[/ QUOTE ]

My question is on sizing these bets. Once you've decided to c-bet, how do you decide on the size? Also, do you ever bet less than 50% (like a Harrington probe bet)?

tigerite 05-06-2006 10:57 AM

I can't speak for curtains himself, but personally I almost never bet less than 50%, unless to do so is a nice round value, then I might bet like 40-45%, but that's the lowest. Or if I misclick [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] As for the size I guess it depends. You do of course want to price out draws a bit and make it "look" like you have a hand that doesn't want them to continue with it, however at a lower limit again ($55 and below) this is less of an issue, as they just don't pay attention to that stuff.

So er, in short, it depends [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I like to do about 65-70% of the pot most times though if there are two to a flush, or two connected cards that are likely to make up some kind of straight draw, and more if both are on the board, of course. It's very opponent specific though, something which is pretty hard to explain in an article. As for 50%, that's when it's just a really dry board. But I would also bet 50% with AK on A84r, or JJ on T72r and so on.. I just try to keep it consistent.

Green Kool Aid 05-06-2006 11:10 AM

great article...this is a major leak in my ga,e

i've completely avoided c-betting for the most part (except for the example like K22 with AQ against one opponent). The 6 questions you asked under the flop texture section, I voted to check behind on all of them. looks like im gonna be making a couple posts on "should i c-bet here?" category.

ger664 05-06-2006 11:13 AM

Had been waiting for this a long time since you first mentioned it. It did not disappoint. An excellent article.

Indiana 05-06-2006 11:53 AM

Well written and easy to follow. Thanks man.

Indy

curtains 05-06-2006 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great article. My question is about bet sizes.

You say [ QUOTE ]
Usually when you make these c-bets, you will be betting anywhere from 50% to 100% of the pot (in Sngs I usually avoid making full pot sized c-bets).

[/ QUOTE ]

My question is on sizing these bets. Once you've decided to c-bet, how do you decide on the size? Also, do you ever bet less than 50% (like a Harrington probe bet)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah probably should have gone into more detail about that...

curtains 05-06-2006 12:14 PM

feel free to respond to the article there too!

OHFreak 05-06-2006 12:15 PM

So Curtains, when are you going to write a book?

Excellent information and clearly written. Bravo.

curtains 05-06-2006 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't speak for curtains himself, but personally I almost never bet less than 50%, unless to do so is a nice round value, then I might bet like 40-45%, but that's the lowest. Or if I misclick [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] As for the size I guess it depends. You do of course want to price out draws a bit and make it "look" like you have a hand that doesn't want them to continue with it, however at a lower limit again ($55 and below) this is less of an issue, as they just don't pay attention to that stuff.

So er, in short, it depends [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I like to do about 65-70% of the pot most times though if there are two to a flush, or two connected cards that are likely to make up some kind of straight draw, and more if both are on the board, of course. It's very opponent specific though, something which is pretty hard to explain in an article. As for 50%, that's when it's just a really dry board. But I would also bet 50% with AK on A84r, or JJ on T72r and so on.. I just try to keep it consistent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet less than 50% sometimes, usually on Axx (where x is the same card) flops where the board is super dry.

Flight_Risk 05-06-2006 12:32 PM

Good shot, C.

Flight_Risk