Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NL final weekend predictions polls (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511323)

PokerFink 09-28-2007 03:26 PM

Re: NL final weekend predictions polls

[ QUOTE ]
If San Diego goes 2-1 and Arizona goes 1-2 and either the Mets or Phillies lose just one game, then SD and Arizona would be the NL West champion and Wildcard, as they'd both be a game above Mets and Phillies

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche.

StevieG 09-28-2007 04:49 PM

I'm surprised the Rockies are getting so few votes in the poll.

They are on fire right now, and they play the team ahead of them over the weekend.

I think they can take the division, let alone the wild card.

tuq 09-28-2007 04:58 PM

StevieG,

I'm not disagreeing, but the Rockies need to sweep the series to win the division (edit: provided the Padres don't beat them, and I don't know who wins that tiebreaker). Merely winning it still leaves them a game out. Certainly not improbable since they've already got 11 wins behind them already, but probably more unlikely than not.

That would be an unbelievably epic way to finish the season though, and the D'Backs can look back to losing a series to the effing Pirates on the last week of the season if they don't get in.

chim17 09-28-2007 05:10 PM

If we win tonight I really think we sweep the D-backs and take the division.

If we don't I think there is a good chance we miss the playoffs all together. I told myself a long time ago I wouldn't let the Rockies dissapoint me again.. and here I am with 3 games to go setting myself up to be incredibly dissapointed if we fall short after this run.

StevieG 09-28-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not disagreeing, but the Rockies need to sweep the series to win the division

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough, but they also are getting a surprisingly low amount of confidence in the wild card poll.

PokerFink 09-28-2007 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
True enough, but they also are getting a surprisingly low amount of confidence in the wild card poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? They're second in the poll.

THAY3R 09-28-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm not disagreeing, but the Rockies need to sweep the series to win the division

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to wager on whether or not they make the playoffs?

tuq 09-28-2007 05:24 PM

StevieG,

Yeah but they're still given a 20% chance to win the division. Assuming voters aren't doing something retarded like picking the same team to win both the division and wild card, you need to just add the div + wild card numbers in order to find out the percentage picked to make the playoffs. Right now that's 20% + 24% = 44%. Pretty good.

Josh W 09-28-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
StevieG,

Yeah but they're still given a 20% chance to win the division. Assuming voters aren't doing something retarded like picking the same team to win both the division and wild card, you need to just add the div + wild card numbers in order to find out the percentage picked to make the playoffs. Right now that's 20% + 24% = 44%. Pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially since the Mets only have a 39% chance!

g-bebe 09-28-2007 06:21 PM

Phils
Cubs
Padres
Rockies

yes