Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hitman Movie (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551468)

solids 11-21-2007 02:31 PM

Re: Hitman Movie

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I missing what is "going on in her crotch area" other than it's a see-through dress? Pretty hot IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's noted Hollywood starlet Camille Towe.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

bobman0330 11-21-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Has there ever been a good video game based movie, like ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only decent one I can think of was that Final Fantasy movie from a couple of years back that was completely computer animated. IIRC, it cost a shiton to make, and lost a lot of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, it also sucked.

Wires 11-21-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only decent one I can think of was that Final Fantasy movie from a couple of years back that was completely computer animated. IIRC, it cost a shiton to make, and lost a lot of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, it also sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. It looked great but it was all visuals - otherwise a very dull and lifeless movie.

g-bebe 11-21-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, it also sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

FF: The Spirits Within? I thought it was really good, for something based off a video game. Then again, I don't really know how much it has to do with the actual games.

solids 11-21-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, it also sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, you're right. For some reason, I thought it did well with the critics, but it's only 43% on RT.

DesertCat 11-21-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW the hitman trailers looked pretty sweet

[/ QUOTE ]

They look awful to me. I hate those Transporter 2 type of movies that are all about stunts and computer generated action that hysterically break all rules of physics and human anatomy.

Is this hitman actually supposed to be an unbreakable robot, or a super hero with special powers? Are we supposed to care about someone who doesn't speak and can't be killed?

I just saw "No Country For Old Men". The villain actually seems as if he is unstoppable, but it's believable, and that makes it scary good.

Jack of Arcades 11-21-2007 04:13 PM

Yeah, it wasn't even based on any of the games.

Jack of Arcades 11-21-2007 04:21 PM

Agent 47 is a genetically-engineered clone. While not "superhuman," he's at the outer limits of what a human can do. He can be killed; he's come close quite a few times in the games. He can speak (and often does), but prefers to be alone.

47 is so good at his job that everyone knows about him but nobody believes in him.

pr0crast 11-21-2007 04:33 PM

Resevil wasn't bad at all... it just wasn't good. But compared to a lot of the crap sci fi that comes out today, it was right up there.

Jack Bando 11-21-2007 04:40 PM

Mortal Kombat was the best video game movie ever by a far lead. If you count The Wizard, that's #2.