Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Huge overbet on river, I have a flush, WTF? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505479)

cs3 09-20-2007 03:49 PM

Re: Huge overbet on river, I have a flush, WTF?

im never fodling this. i think villain can show up with 2 pr hands with the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] pretty often, not to mention K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q thinking his straight is the nuts on the river. add in the times has smaller flush and i think a call is correct.
if villain is a donk any of those hands are very likely....

and if the guy is NOT a donk then hes never just calling 2 streets with the nuts when there is over 200bb's behind, especially becasue it looks like hero loves his hand.

call?

Jay Riall 09-20-2007 03:54 PM

I fold this quickly and I'm a station.

terp 09-20-2007 04:18 PM

i can't recall ever having been in this spot and i'm fairly lost considering it, so i'd revert to game theory and call

martijn 09-20-2007 04:42 PM

I really really really wanna call, but in reality, do you ever get shown something else than Ax spades?

rakk 09-20-2007 04:49 PM

I think this is a fold (not that I do, but i think you should). Villain almost always has AsXs or 78ss here. If he's good, ballsy, reads that you can lay down big hands, and has the As for the blocker on the nut flush, he might be bluffing here. But I don't think you see that very often at all.

Munificence 09-20-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a fold (not that I do, but i think you should). Villain almost always has AsXs or 78ss here. If he's good, ballsy, reads that you can lay down big hands, and has the As for the blocker on the nut flush, he might be bluffing here. But I don't think you see that very often at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen that play at small stakes NLHE.

Double Eagle 09-20-2007 05:09 PM

Are there really that many reasonable smaller flushes in his range? Also, does his play in the first hand make it less likely that he's value raising less than a straight?

tannenj 09-20-2007 05:31 PM

i'm not folding

Unknown Soldier 09-20-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not folding

[/ QUOTE ]

gjim 09-20-2007 05:36 PM

I think you gotta fold. From the first hand he looks like a thinking player and you've already shown you're willing to get it in with less than the nuts--looks like a value raise.