Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   98o defence. Turn mistake? Check-fold 2 bottom 2 on river? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=450944)

TheHip41 07-14-2007 06:10 PM

Re: 98o defence. Turn mistake? Check-fold 2 bottom 2 on river?

i beat AK, and AA, and AJ, therefore, I call.

seriously, why are you discount AA and AK, I would play PF, flop, and turn that way with AK and AA, and the river, I might bet.

Kvacke 07-14-2007 07:07 PM

He is a good player with not overly aggressive stats. After raising the turn and this action I dont think he is valuebetting us on that river with AK or AA, especially if he wievs us as a decent player who is capable of folding Kx here or at least anyhing worse. Would you bet this river with AK AA if you were him?

BryanC 07-14-2007 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He is a good player with not overly aggressive stats. After raising the turn and this action I dont think he is valuebetting us on that river with AK or AA, especially if he wievs us as a decent player who is capable of folding Kx here or at least anyhing worse. Would you bet this river with AK AA if you were him?

[/ QUOTE ]

no he wont value bet that river your right there, but he may well bluff at it, this is even more likley after we check to him since if the Qh had hit us we'd almost definatley bet it.

It realy depends alot on his perception of us, like i said im mostly folding it but its not an automatic fold i feel like we gotta call this a reasonable percentage of the time, for our table image as much as anything else IMO remember we're being offered 9-1 to show this down id expect to catch a hand like AJ AK or AA just often enough to like those odds

sethypooh21 07-15-2007 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

seriously, why are you discount AA and AK, I would play PF, flop, and turn that way with AK and AA, and the river, I might bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this - though I also agree that we need to discount AK/AA/AJ as this is a very thin VBet for those hands.

TheHip41 07-15-2007 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this - though I also agree that we need to discount AK/AA/AJ as this is a very thin VBet for those hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

i play at absolute poker

my opponents are retarded

i flopped two pair HU

I call river.

07-15-2007 11:04 AM

very interesting hand...

maybe its totally spew (pls tell me if so), but im looking for a way to make our riverplay way easier.

How about 3-betting the turn? He will almost never cap us, wihout s.th that has us heavily beat...so we could simply call and f the ui. If he calls us, we know that he has either a better two pair or AK,AA. With a river like this we can easily c/f since he will be hardpressed to bet such a river with w/o a straight or better. I actually dont know
yet what to do if a blank falls but i guess he will prolly cb a better two-pair sometimes giving the action....

SuperUberBob 07-15-2007 12:27 PM

Pretty standard river fold.