Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   KTs with fish and Almost TAG (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=12023)

Harv72b 01-14-2006 06:49 PM

Re: KTs with fish and Almost TAG

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop raise with KTs from mp1 looks borderline to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is borderline, but if you don't make raises like this every so often it becomes too easy for a good player to key in on your raising range. In truth, I don't really like it here because we have a loose/passive yet to act after us, but that's not to say I'd never do it.

Solid_p 01-14-2006 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop raise with KTs from mp1 looks borderline to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is borderline, but if you don't make raises like this every so often it becomes too easy for a good player to key in on your raising range. In truth, I don't really like it here because we have a loose/passive yet to act after us, but that's not to say I'd never do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. If the players behind us are tight enough, this could be good. If they are aggressive and 3-bet frequently, it sucks.

bobhalford 01-14-2006 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
True, but I would rather pay 2SB's than 3SB's to see the river. We have already showed strength preflop, so we can raise here to save a SB. No one will 3-bet without a sick hand and will check the turn after you raise the flop. There are times when you want to raise in order to fold better hands, but other times you do it to save a SB and make the hand easier to play. I'm not saying it's a great play or anything, but you are drawing to 7 outs discounted to 5.5 when you are reverse dominated, so it's not like you are in a great position here. If I were to call this flop, I would plan to check-fold the turn UI. I would rather invest another SB to see both cards to help myself improve instead spending one sb to see just one card. Generally I'm not seeing the river with unimproved overcards unless I have a big draw to a straight or flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about a river? Your hand sucks right now. I'd call getting 100-1 with two overs which should be clean, and a BDFD. Raising this flop is retarded. You won't fold any hand with an 8, and really, if a 2 or 3 folds, how does this help you?

Think about it. you flat call the flop, and a hand like 34 calls. Turn is a K, does it even matter if the 3 folds the flop. Or, if the turn is a 7, does is matter, since you need to hit to win?

This kind of fancy play, vs. 3 opponents is destined to fail at 2/4, anyone with an 8 is going to see a SD, which means you need a K, T, or runner runner to win, I'd try to do so cheaply.

If you raise the flop and check the turn, you spend 2sb, better than 3sb, but this is incorrect thinking.

If the turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], you fold the turn. Spending 1sb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking at it again, I agree. Raising the flop is definitely not a good play, a little bit too rich for such a speculative hand. For a SB you get a chance to catch up to 16 cards on the turn that can help your hand. I stand corrected. The play is to call flop and fold turn UI.

winky51 01-14-2006 11:38 PM

Why the raise.

The reason why I did the raise is because I was beating the crap out of the table being at $140. People were starting to fold to my PF raises. I had about 3 decent players here. Normally this is a toss. Dont like KT.

winky51 01-14-2006 11:38 PM

2 tight in the blinds and 2 loose.

winky51 01-14-2006 11:42 PM

RESULTS!!!!!!!

SB I felt had a weak hand and with the image at the table if I raise I could get him to fold his A8s (what I thought he had. If figured is he had a set he would let me bet.

MP3 calling I knew he had a pair but he calls down with crap so much. He calls the flop with to get a chance for a DRAW on the turn. I wasnt sure if a turn raise would knock him out. So I called figuring all my outs were good here.

River came a T and SB checked. I bet and MP3 called showing T2 of clubs for 2 pair. SB also called.