Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   60-120 hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=467459)

goofball 08-02-2007 02:56 PM

Re: 60-120 hand

Why on earth did you do that on the flop? Players like you describe who 3bet preflop from the big blind then checkraise the flop have AA every time. Unless I'm reading the hand wrong what could she possibly be checking there that you beat? Bet-call and I'm pretty sure I've checked behind in spots like that before.

goofball 08-02-2007 02:57 PM

Oh, and bet the river and call a checkraise.

Chipspin 08-02-2007 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes T-4-2 rainbow. She checks, I bet, she check-raises, I 3-bet, she 4-bets, I 5-bet, she 6-bets, I gulp, blink, frown, grimace and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf? I thought you were described as nitty...

If she has AA and has put you on TT, a river c/r is pretty hawt... I'm going to say two thumbs up for villain.

gaming_mouse 08-02-2007 03:16 PM

Andy,

I love your posts like most everyone here, but I can't help thinking that if some dude with 6 posts put up this hand he would get berated and dismissed for this flop play. I wait eagerly for your defense [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also no one has mentioned 44/22 as possible hands for villain. I'd bet the river. I guess you have to call a c/r vs an imaginitive player but I would really hate doing so.

rafiki 08-02-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Andy,

I love your posts like most everyone here, but I can't help thinking that if some dude with 6 posts put up this hand he would get berated and dismissed for this flop play. I wait eagerly for your defense [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also no one has mentioned 44/22 as possible hands for villain. I'd bet the river. I guess you have to call a c/r vs an imaginitive player but I would really hate doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

na she goes for more bets on the turn with 44-22 I think. maybe not since the flop was so insane. But I would !

gaming_mouse 08-02-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe not since the flop was so insane. But I would !

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a total spew imo.

rafiki 08-02-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
maybe not since the flop was so insane. But I would !

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a total spew imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

second set going 3 bets on the turn in a blind defense battle ? No it's not. The 5 bet range on the flop here is a lot bigger then exactly TT...

Hoi Polloi 08-02-2007 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth did you do that on the flop? Players like you describe who 3bet preflop from the big blind then checkraise the flop have AA every time. Unless I'm reading the hand wrong what could she possibly be checking there that you beat? Bet-call and I'm pretty sure I've checked behind in spots like that before.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this hand was played in So. Cal. in which case the flop play should be considered standard, if not somewhat restrained. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

gaming_mouse 08-02-2007 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 5 bet range on the flop here is a lot bigger then exactly TT...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, that's not the point tho. You were saying that you put in more bets with 44/22 as villain on turn.

so you 6bet the flop, and your opponent now raises you on the turn, and you have 44/22. at this point you should not be thinking about 3 betting unless you are against a maniac. I would be open to an argument for 3betting and folding to a cap, but I dont think that's what you were suggesting.

mosch 08-02-2007 04:47 PM

pf: I 4-bet

f: I guess this is sort of the alternate to 4-betting pf... waiting for a non-terrible flop and then dispensing chips. it's a bit odd to see, but I'm guessing it made sense in person.

t: perfect:

r: bet/call.