Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Appetizers that don't show up before your food (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542312)

Quicksilvre 11-09-2007 05:32 PM

Re: Appetizers that don\'t show up before your food

I just eat, dude. Not even #1 would bother me; I've never had a situation where I've had issues with finishing a steak before it got cold; I don't expect a mere salad to change that. I'd just eat the two of them simultaneously.

I don't see the point in tipping less, unless you know that the tips get shared between the whole staff (cooks included). No point in punishing the server.

Holybull 11-09-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point in tipping less, unless you know that the tips get shared between the whole staff (cooks included). No point in punishing the server.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to disagree. It's the server's fault. He/she is responsible for the timing of the food. They should know not to put the steak orders through too early. Very standard.

Aces McGee 11-09-2007 05:39 PM

If getting my salad at the same time as my steak bothered me that much (it doesn't), I can't imagine I'd let 20 minutes go by without asking the waiter where my salad was.

-McGee

Perplexity 11-09-2007 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1: Waiter, I don't want these salads anymore, take them back and don't charge me for them.

2: No problem.

3: No problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect.

Eurotrash 11-09-2007 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Situation 3:

You are at a middle eastern cafe by yourself. You go up to the counter and order baba ganoush and pita as an appetizer, and a chicken shwarma. After sitting at your table for fifteen minutes, the baba ganoush and shwarma arrive together.

What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

not saying anything here is kind of like letting the terrorists win.

imitation 11-09-2007 05:56 PM

do nothing, stew on it for 3months, make OOT thread.

pirateboy 11-09-2007 05:56 PM

With a date, you never raise a stink about trite [censored] like this. With a friend, you say "I don't want the salad anymore - it's an appetizer for a reason."

NT! 11-09-2007 06:12 PM

Only big problem I have is with the steak / salad thing, for reasons already mentioned. But I don't fill up on [censored] rabbit food when I go out for steak anyway, so this never happens to me.

In most Japanese / Chinese places things just come out when they're ready, at a place like that if I am going to be picky about it I just assume I will have to tell them first.

neuroman 11-09-2007 07:10 PM

#2 happened to me at lunch today, except the date was my GF of six months so I wasn't too worried about potentially looking like a douche. I sent back the dumpling appetizer, which the restaurant seemed just fine with. They apologized when the check was brought out, so I gave them a normal tip. Otherwise would have given them 10-12% as service was mediocre.

#1 and #3 are made up. In #1, I would probably send the salad back unless I was really jonesing for some lettuce. #3, standard, I'd just eat it. mmmm baba ganoush.

DCJ311 11-09-2007 07:23 PM

#1 isn't that bad, although the water has to blow pretty bad for this to happen. The other ones aren't even a big deal since those types of meals are generally a la carte anyway.