Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   One-Way bet vs Redargoe (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499706)

sauce123 09-12-2007 07:14 PM

Re: One-Way bet vs Redargoe

bet size is def bad- i guess i was doing it for "balancing"- as im vbetting most hands for pot in this spot- but rly, its still bad

cts 09-12-2007 07:21 PM

ya but what the heck are you checking down on this board and then value betting so big on the .... gasp, 8!!! riv?

i would probably stab at the pot but i'd do it earlier on -- on the flop vs a lot of ppl for sure, don't know this opponent

JKratzer 09-12-2007 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet size is def bad- i guess i was doing it for "balancing"- as im vbetting most hands for pot in this spot- but rly, its still bad

[/ QUOTE ]

to be honest that's why i liked it. yes a smaller bet would work a bunch too, but balance is always good for people you play a lot.

sauce123 09-12-2007 07:25 PM

cts-

AK KQ KJ KT TT JJ QQ 88 98 i probably play like this some percentage of the time vs red.

TT JJ QQ 88 98 r def the most likely

i still completely agree i made a terrible betsize. by betting smaller i widen my vbetting range and widen his calling range very slightly.

mperich 09-12-2007 07:31 PM

If he folded you prolly had the best hand

-Mike

tozzy 09-12-2007 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]
thats not true. hes def folding out better hands like AJ, AQ, QJ, but i still think betsizing and timing (that is, the street) are pretty poor.

sauce123 09-12-2007 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]
thats not true. hes def folding out better hands like AJ, AQ, QJ, but i still think betsizing and timing (that is, the street) are pretty poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

this just isnt true- plz respond if u have played with redargoe

FionnMac 09-12-2007 07:40 PM

Surely if he had total air with 0 showdown value, he would bet someone on such a dry flop and good scare card on the turn? i get the feeling he has a hand he wants to showdown..

sauce123 09-12-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
poor choice of bet size

[/ QUOTE ]

cts- in spots like these, in general, should i be value betting less than 3/4 pot as well? and if so, why?

i have 15k hands with this player, so balance is a legitimate issue.

Ship Ship McGipp 09-12-2007 07:54 PM

bet whaetve ryou want, h e's folding 97% of the time here

he sucks in case you didnt' know, but he says homosexual things int he chat when i try to get him to pla yme hu