Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   In-N-Out burgers - eating for the "cycle"?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328243)

The Dude 02-10-2007 04:39 AM

Re: In-N-Out burgers - eating for the \"cycle\"??

GuyOnTilt and I raced to see who could finish a 10x10 the fastest. If I recall correctly, I finished in just over 7 minutes. GoT finished as well, but once it became obvious I was going to win, he slowed his pace. Had he kept racing he likely could have finished within 40 seconds of me. As it was, he finished in about 10 minutes.

The manager at the In-n-Out store I worked at used to talk about a pair of 40x40s he made for two competing USC football players. As the story goes, one finished and the other did not.

kidcolin 02-10-2007 06:00 AM

I just had 4 double doubles in 2 days and I thought that was too much.. jesus guys.

I'll eventually try a 3x3 (or maybe a 3x2?), but the double double seems like a perfect ratio.

Also, what's the deal with the employees there? Is there a nicer bunch of fast food employees? I sometimes fear it's a cult.

Oranzith 02-10-2007 06:41 AM

3x3 is perfect. double double is not enough meat/cheese. wait till you try. 4x4 is over doing it

DeMaci 02-10-2007 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what's the deal with the employees there? Is there a nicer bunch of fast food employees? I sometimes fear it's a cult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heard it has something to do with the owners being devote Christians.

mikeyworm 02-10-2007 07:10 AM

4x6 is biggest now. We like to make fun of my friend who always said he would eat a 7x7 and now will never have that oppurtunity.

cobrakai111 02-10-2007 11:44 AM

While on the topic of In N Out burger can someone tell me why they won't franchise?

canis582 02-10-2007 01:17 PM

They actually pay decent wages to attract nice people.

4 High 02-10-2007 01:21 PM

Why arent they on the east coast yet?

emon87 02-10-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4x6 is biggest now. We like to make fun of my friend who always said he would eat a 7x7 and now will never have that oppurtunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can order whatever you want.

DonkeyKongSr 02-10-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heard it has something to do with the owners being devote Christians.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. They are devout Christians. Look under your cup, at the bottom of the fry tray, and I think somewhere else: There are bible verses.

[ QUOTE ]
While on the topic of In N Out burger can someone tell me why they won't franchise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's just being a Christian family business. They want to keep it good, clean, and in the family.

[ QUOTE ]
Why arent they on the east coast yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably part mystique/marketing and mostly not wanting to overexpand especially considering it's a non-franshise company.