Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   *Official* Which Banks Are Good for Poker Players? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395737)

Dignam 05-05-2007 03:38 PM

Re: *Official* Which Banks Are Good for Poker Players?

They have taken checks from Bodog, Stars, and FT for me. I have an Electric Orange checking account there. 4.5% interest and you can physically mail a check to them for deposit.

ING Link

TheMetetron 05-05-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ING Direct, online bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will they (or WaMu) accept checks from Party Poker?

I'd be very happy if ING Direct will take PP checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can find a way to deposit cheques into an online bank, well, I'll be impressed. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

They take checks in the mail? They always have.

TheMetetron 05-05-2007 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They have taken checks from Bodog, Stars, and FT for me. I have an Electric Orange checking account there. 4.5% interest and you can physically mail a check to them for deposit.

ING Link

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I have an Electric Orange. No problems with them cashing the checks? I think I'm going to do an experiment with Party & Electric Orange.

Bobo Fett 05-05-2007 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ING Direct, online bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will they (or WaMu) accept checks from Party Poker?

I'd be very happy if ING Direct will take PP checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can find a way to deposit cheques into an online bank, well, I'll be impressed. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

They take checks in the mail? They always have.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...OK, I'm impressed.

I think many people tie the ING account to a regular bank account and deposit through that, so I assumed that was the only way it could be done. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

NoahSD 05-05-2007 04:29 PM

Oh [censored]. I'm so doing that.

chaz64 05-13-2007 12:57 PM

Am I right in assuming that if an American set up a ING Electric Orange checking account with the MasterCard® Debit Card, a deposit attmept into Stars using the debit card would fail? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

black_russian 05-13-2007 04:42 PM

I have accounts with Citizens and I have had no problems casing checks from AP/BODOG/PARTY/STARS. I have also never had my debit cards from there denied.

Fishy McDonk 05-13-2007 05:24 PM

I'm a little confused by this thread. I don't think ANY bank will reject a paper check from ANYPLACE. I had no problem depositing a check from Stars into my Washington Mutual account.

Likewise, the bank wouldn't refuse to let Pokerstars cash a check sent to them by me. Not only do they not care, they do not even LOOK at the name on a check when it it processed. For all they know, Stars could be buying merchandise or equipment from me, or vice/versa.

In fact, I have heard they don't even look at your signature. A news program showed where checks were processed even though they were signed "Mickey Mouse" and "Donald Duck"!

As far as I know, the problem is only with ELECTRONIC transactions.

chaz64 05-13-2007 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have accounts with Citizens and I have had no problems casing checks from AP/BODOG/PARTY/STARS. I have also never had my debit cards from there denied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying you have an account with Citizens Bank? Have you deposited at Stars with their debit card, from the US??

lumpy19 05-14-2007 08:46 AM

I use xerox credit union, never had any trouble with anything, they've always been great.

The other day I tried to send a bank wire and it got rejected. Apparently they go through Bank of America for their bank wires and BOA wouldn't allow the wire to Bank of Antigua because it's a known "gambling" bank.