Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Post here if you hate Sportscenter... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=493883)

nutshot2 09-05-2007 01:43 AM

Re: Post here if you hate Sportscenter...

[ QUOTE ]
oh come on, yankees are the first highlights everynight. there is round the clock coverage on (OMG) roger clemens getting an MRI and cortizone shot (maybe because he's 45 and at best an average 4-5 starter now). Everytime something goes wrong, like when someone goes on the DL or goes out of the rotation, there is endless speculation about whats going to happen next blahblahblahblahblah

also it doesn't matter if they people on sportscenter like the yankees or not, you'd be crazy to run a TV show and not emphasize the most popular team in baseball. i guess im just pissed that ABC is an evil corporation that gives my phillies no love.

[/ QUOTE ]

so..

choose a side of the argument.

don't make a thread complaining about something, then admit that you know exactly why it goes on, and say "you'd be crazy not to" do the thing you're complaining about.

Zach Belden 09-05-2007 01:50 AM

i think i chose the side that jason giambi is gay

Triumph36 09-05-2007 01:56 AM

maybe they give the phillies no love because at their own games, the fans are doing chants that support a team which plays a different sport

whereas baseball is a topic of conversation 365 days a year in new york

just a thought!

TheNoodleMan 09-05-2007 02:04 AM

The only thing more tired than sportscenter are the people whining about it.

21times20 09-05-2007 02:49 AM

espn is the new mtv

dgratz 09-05-2007 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe they give the phillies no love because at their own games, the fans are doing chants that support a team which plays a different sport

whereas baseball is a topic of conversation 365 days a year in new york

just a thought!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good time for this...

E-A-G--L-E-S EAGLES!!

WhoIam 09-05-2007 05:57 AM

You guys don't know how good you have it. Asian Sportscenter blows. It's just a bunch of soccer news. There's like 4 championships every week and they won't shut up about thrilling 0-0 ties. If there's a major American news story, I might be lucky enough to get a minute about "American footballer Michael Vick." There might be 5 seconds about baseball, but it's always about the [censored] Yankees because everyone here wears their hats and doesn't realize how much they suck.

Joe Tall 09-05-2007 08:17 AM

Sportscenter singlehandedly changed the NBA into highlights first/team later, block shots into the 3rd row, mock your opponents while down 12 points since you dunked in their face while they fast break, selling sneakers and soda, dunk fest.

And now the NBA sucks.

TruFloridaGator 09-05-2007 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing more tired than sportscenter are the people whining about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clarkmeister 09-05-2007 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sportscenter singlehandedly changed the NBA into highlights first/team later, block shots into the 3rd row, mock your opponents while down 12 points since you dunked in their face while they fast break, selling sneakers and soda, dunk fest.

And now the NBA sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think the NBA product is the best it's been since Jordan left.

Regarding OP, last night's 5 minutes of squirrel highlights is a great example of how messed up the show is.