Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Bizarre river raise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544413)

tessarji 11-12-2007 05:07 PM

Re: Bizarre river raise

I would 3-bet.

I feel his most likely hand is a high pocket pair or A9 that is raising the river for value, banking that he's usually ahead and that on this scattered board you won't have a 3-betting hand ever. He doesn't put you on a flush because you 3-bet preflop which contraindicates suited cards in his mind.

I think he will usually pay you off with several hands less than a flush.

I'd call a four-bet because he is a spaz.

cgrohman 11-12-2007 05:33 PM

You don't think he would ahve raises TPTK or the like earlier in this hand against 2 opponents on a draw heavy board? And he would have to be an absolute moron to pay off a river 3-bet with just one pair.

n.s. 11-12-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Is it wrong to want to just check the flop here?

[/ QUOTE ]

What for? Not only are we ahead of their PF ranges pretty often, but we flopped a flush draw and two overs. This doesn't seem like the spot to refuse making a continuation bet. Plus, if we check and there's a bet and raise into us, cold-calling turns our hand face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I don't think we're ahead all that often - it seems optimistic to think that neither of them has a pair or A-high. I dunno, I guess betting is still right since we could have as many as 15 outs if our overcards are good. If button raises and EP calls, are you 3-betting for value?

Sailboats 11-12-2007 06:28 PM

3-town express

Given the description he could have a variety of hands like 46s, A3s, or a lower flush. I think you would be missing alot of value not 3-betting. If he 4-bets then i think you have to call.

ShawnHoo 11-12-2007 06:28 PM

Call.

cgrohman 11-12-2007 06:29 PM

Well, Ace high might fold and then we win monies. Even if one of the villian has a small pair, we are an equity advantage as long as he doesnt hold a K or Q. If the 3rd player comes along for the ride then we gain even more equity.

Captain R 11-12-2007 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it seems optimistic to think that neither of them has a pair or A-high. I dunno, I guess betting is still right since we could have as many as 15 outs if our overcards are good. If button raises and EP calls, are you 3-betting for value?

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't need to be ahead. Good chance button has AQ/AJ/KQ type hands and will fold his two black cards. EP will also be hard-pressed to continue with overcards on the turn if we bet again. We can always check the turn if we want.

I think it's unlikely button raises and EP calls, more likely button raises and EP either 3-bets or folds, but if they are both in the hand I usually just call OOP if raised. In position, you can try to see if raiser has that "I got a set" look in his eye or not. Then you can either call or 4-bet it.

I like a river call though, I don't think we can 3-town this hand the way it's played out, unless we think button has JTs?!?!

that_pope 11-12-2007 06:41 PM

I don't understand how people are advising a threebet on the river...This raise is either a random bluff or a hand that has us beat more often then not. He did call three bets preflop. You would have to be the loosest of loose people to have worse than AJ/AT or a 99 type hand here. Are you trying to convince me he has JTs flush? I think his range is a lot more AJ hearts, AT hearts and 99 then anything else...call and then cry that you were never ahead in the hand.

private joker 11-12-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Happy birthday Shawn!

J.A.Sucker 11-12-2007 07:19 PM

This is almost always the nut flush. Make the crying call.