Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Very interesting 100-200 hand. Need all the help i can get! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533131)

Ansky 10-28-2007 04:50 PM

Re: Very interesting 100-200 hand. Need all the help i can get!

i think timex called because he had a fullhouse!

hardkAre 10-28-2007 05:16 PM

you don't hit a full house too often!

Ansky 10-28-2007 05:21 PM

btw, i dont think this call is standard or anything, but certainly not out of the question.

When he check calls flop and turn, zupp is prob following thru w/ air on the riv, and i think timex prob thought that w/ ace high zupp would check behind slightly more often on the turn. Not sayin this is true but its prob wat timex was thinkin.

hardkAre 10-28-2007 05:23 PM

terk?

ActionJeff 10-28-2007 05:57 PM

this rly isnt a very interesting hand

Timex probably should have folded preflop , especially with the structure of this tournament. As played he hit a boat and c/c down. His river call was probably -ev vs most players but if he was convinced his opponent was shoving his entire range and playing a standard range on the button then it was +ev for sure, although this is a big assumption

find a better hand mabe?

Nezzar 10-28-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think timex prob thought that w/ ace high zupp would check behind slightly more often on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is key to timex river call.

Lefort 10-28-2007 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think timex prob thought that w/ ace high zupp would check behind slightly more often on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is key to timex river call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that... but what makes this a vvv tough call to make (and fold for me unless I'm really feeling it) is that Zupp's VBing range should still be 99+.. fairly large.

Nezzar 10-28-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this rly isnt a very interesting hand

Timex probably should have folded preflop , especially with the structure of this tournament. As played he hit a boat and c/c down. His river call was probably -ev vs most players but if he was convinced his opponent was shoving his entire range and playing a standard range on the button then it was +ev for sure, although this is a big assumption

find a better hand mabe?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with you. Im doing a follow up on an almost identicall hand except that the results are the reversed. i think there are many levels of thinking in both hands...

As for folding pre-flop i think u have misunderstood the structure completly.

NLSoldier 10-28-2007 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, i dont think this call is standard or anything, but certainly not out of the question.

When he check calls flop and turn, zupp is prob following thru w/ air on the riv, and i think timex prob thought that w/ ace high zupp would check behind slightly more often on the turn. Not sayin this is true but its prob wat timex was thinkin.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree.

ActionJeff 10-28-2007 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I disagree with you. Im doing a follow up on an almost identicall hand except that the results are the reversed. i think there are many levels of thinking in both hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you're wrong.

I'm sure timex himself can come post here and tell you no one is folding 77 on that board w/that action on the flop or turn, and that he decided to call the river because he thought the guy was bluffing more than 1/3 the time. That's it.

Poker is rarely that complicated guy, you picked a bad hand.