Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   5CD - fish alert (LC) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=312119)

HarmonicaMan 01-22-2007 02:27 PM

Re: 5CD - fish alert (LC)

button only had 3000 more to call, so it's not a big raise in reality.

Big Limpin 01-22-2007 02:27 PM

Re: MY OWN 5CD Fish Experience (no use starting my own low content)

...or the villain knows its hopeless and cant be bothered ticking off cards. in OPs post, villain tried a bluff (!) for his last $5.50, on a "oh, [censored] it" shot, got called and knew he's hopeless.
And i've checked a free BB before and not even drew. If i gotta run to the kitchen between hands or something, i'm not bothering with 1,2,3,4,5 mouseclicks.
LOL if my action makes them all freeze-up. Mr.Trips from short feels dumb when he checks behind.

kurto 01-22-2007 03:18 PM

the guy had an ace... if you're going to bluff and get called, you might as well draw to something.

Though I've often felt, what is the point. When I get free BB and I have a hand like 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].... I'm completely confused what the right play is or if it makes any difference since the odds of me beating just about any limped hand has got to be pretty insignificant.

Tom Bayes 01-22-2007 03:27 PM

Sometimes miracles happen when you draw 5 for free-you might as well give it a shot when your hand is hopeless. In the big Grand Series of Poker at PokerRoom last spring, I won a huge pot when I drew 5 to crapola for free from the BB and drew a flush.

flafishy 01-22-2007 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes miracles happen when you draw 5 for free-you might as well give it a shot when your hand is hopeless. In the big Grand Series of Poker at PokerRoom last spring, I won a huge pot when I drew 5 to crapola for free from the BB and drew a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've drawn a flush once, a full house twice and trips or two pairs and even a good-enough pair several times. Just throwing in your blind and giving up is a real donk move.

Keep an A or a K, toss everything else.

kurto 01-22-2007 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
........... When I get free BB and I have a hand like 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].... I'm completely confused what the right play is or if it makes any difference

[/ QUOTE ]

So... I'm never sure... when you have junk like above... are you better off drawing 5?

Or if you have 3 to a flush or 3 to a straight... do you draw 2 and hope for 2 perfect cards? Or just draw 5? Or if I have 2 3 4 6 7 (suites irrelevent)... draw for the 4 outer inside straight has got to be better then drawing 5, right?

flafishy 01-22-2007 04:08 PM

Do not draw two to a flush, do not draw two to a straight, do not draw to an inside straight.

Do draw one to a flush or OESD. Draw to a pair or better. Draw 4 to a single A or a single K. If none of those conditions are met, toss 'em all in and get five new cards.

kurto 01-22-2007 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do not draw two to a flush, do not draw two to a straight, do not draw to an inside straight.

Do draw one to a flush or OESD. Draw to a pair or better. Draw 4 to a single A or a single K. If none of those conditions are met, toss 'em all in and get five new cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

flafishy 01-22-2007 05:03 PM

That, by the way, is advice direct from Weisenberg, who is the only writer I've come across who's given any real helpful advice on 5CD.

Murakawa 01-22-2007 09:32 PM

I'm a big baby because these are the worse players. The other ones are so Weak tight that you think " I gotta call with my aces, he couldn't have made trips 5 times in a row!" and he flips over a boat. This keeps happening to me, but it's partly might fault for making a crying call. It still makes me sad though.