Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Do online tells exist? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535244)

Rek 10-31-2007 03:52 PM

Re: Do online tells exist?

[ QUOTE ]
Also a slight pause from a player can often indicate strength

[/ QUOTE ]
Or he might have been sipping a cup of coffee, kissing his girlfiend before she goes out, picking his nose.........

Not saying these tells don't exist just be very careful how much you read into them.

eddieP 10-31-2007 04:03 PM

an Insta shove or raise indicates strength too.

Kassu 10-31-2007 05:49 PM

It might be worth noting, when you see somebody for example insta-checking a weak hand on the river or insta-donking on the turn with a monster.

sapol 10-31-2007 08:26 PM

waiting till timing out and shoving in microlimits is 95% sure strenght

Pussy Galore 10-31-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting patterns are your only solid TELLS. I have heard people talk about timing a lot but timing really never is a very good tell at all. People will insta with the best of it and insta call with a draw or a bluff, but betting patterns are very good indicators if you KNOW the villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

JereLock 10-31-2007 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
waiting till timing out and shoving in microlimits is 95% sure piss/beer/pr0n break

[/ QUOTE ]

JanelleBB7 11-01-2007 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
waiting till timing out and shoving in microlimits is 95% sure piss/beer/pr0n break

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ... so many people saying timing is a TELL and I think this is absolutely wrong. There are as suggested above so many other reasons for timing... especially with multi-tablers. Betting patterns are the only REAL online tells you will get. Focus on betting patterns and not timing.

remski 11-01-2007 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
waiting till timing out and shoving in microlimits is 95% sure strenght

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to do this when im bluff-shoving the river sometimes, just to exploit that conception... can't tell you with any certainty if it puts ppl off my "scent".

remski 11-01-2007 01:11 AM

i suppose the actions leading upto the shove are what qualifies this move as credible or not. I know that sometimes you can snap call a timed down shove, and be fairly certain its a bluff..... ok, ive confused myself now. wtf.

ChrisV 11-01-2007 01:53 AM

Timing is definitely a tell. I use it plenty and I read an interview with durrr where he said he gets a ton of information from timing. The time-down-to-one-second tell is the only reliable delay tell, though. The rest are all instant action.