Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The what I eat to play poker thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=45957)

bobbyacro25 02-26-2006 05:36 PM

Re: The what I eat to play poker thread

I like to work out and find it clears my head while also providing great confidence in my abilities in all aspects of my life. I go with a protein shake (one for every 1 1/2hrs of play). If im going to be playing for a long time I do need some carbs so Ill have some oatmeal. I also like to drink water a lot but it kills me at the table because I always have to pee so I just sip some diet soda. I agree with the shower though (you cant eat a shower so it doesnt really belong here, but whatever) Nothing makes me feel better than a good shower.

cakewalk 02-26-2006 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A cup of coffe and a cup of water, one to kep me awake another to keep me hydrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliante

BlackRain 02-27-2006 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a coke addict

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I definetely wouldn't recommend this although I hear a hit of some good acid can make all those flush draws come through for you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I try to eat as cleanly as possible (fish, oatmeal, brown rice, chicken, eggs, tons of veggies and fruits). But no one is perfect and sometimes you want to eat some crap. It will negatively affect your mental sharpness and mood I believe though, so definetely keep it in moderation or as a rarity.

Jah Red 02-27-2006 05:37 PM

Since I only play late at night after wife and kids go to sleep and I usually bust out before the first break...

I eat nothing while playing.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

A_Junglen 02-27-2006 07:06 PM

Pixy Stix and sprite. Sometimes chips and salsa

SNOWBALL 02-28-2006 12:29 AM

McDonalds is -EV. I go with milk and cereal for breakfast and sometimes an apple. Today I made myself some bacon, cheese and egg sandwiches and enjoyed a bottle of vitamin water, cigarettes, and some cookies while playing.

SNOWBALL 02-28-2006 12:32 AM

I like to shower and shave right before playing also. It keeps me feeling good about myself, which makes me less likely to tilt. Beverages are very important too. The act of taking a generous draught of an enjoyable beverage after losing a hand is like giving yourself a hug. Very +EV.
I recommend vitamin water to anyone that hasn't tried it.

mindflayer 03-01-2006 02:07 PM

Re: The what I eat BECAUSE I PLAY POKER

A long time ago my buds used to be SOOO POOR from playing all they would have nothing but a big bag of rice.
So they would make a pot of rice.. and take condiments from the local restaraunts.. catsup(ketchup)/vinegar and honey.
they would then mix it in with the rice and have sweet and sour rice! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

VickreyAuction 03-01-2006 10:05 PM

Re: The what I eat BECAUSE I PLAY POKER

That sounds so bad... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

tommyrotten 03-01-2006 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
McDonalds is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

True dat, it's all about Taco Bell. Bean and cheese burritos. Very +EV.