Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   StatMonkey: -[8.5/4.6/1.9]- (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=446997)

kflip 07-09-2007 07:42 PM

Re: StatMonkey: -[8.5/4.6/1.9]-

[ QUOTE ]
He will be involved is so few pots he will not be a factor...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly why I think we make the most money out of him preflop (although all comments on postflop play against him are so true). Let's enjoy some numbers:

* his VPIP is (8.5). Let's round that up to 10% of hands he sees a flop with, accounting for the few times he sees a flop by checking in the BB. This assumtion seems even high, cause it should get raised a lot preflop with him in the BB.

* our range against him maybe something like 15% at most, mainly hands that can flop big and for which our implied odds are huge.

So with this assumptions we get involved with him 10%x15%=1.5%, that's 3 hands out of 200 on average!

Xanta 07-09-2007 07:56 PM

While that's true kflip, if I were playing against him I'd open up my preflop ranges substantially when he enters a pot. A player like this just seems so exploitable postflop that I would be looking to tangle well over 3 out of 200 times. Also don't forget that we can take 1 or .5BB off of him preflop, whereas we can stack him fairly often postflop.

bored 07-09-2007 10:08 PM

Everyone else pretty much nailed it.

I want him on my left to steal blinds. I'm folding marginal/good hands to his big bets and cbetting him a lot if he calls me pf.

His PF 3bets/turn raises/check raises mean playtime is over w/o the nuts or near nuts.

Learning 07-09-2007 11:15 PM

Not intending to hijack the thread or anything, but how does this change if he's playing a 16/15/5 style instead?

fees 07-09-2007 11:45 PM

Two things come to mind when I think about playing agaisnt nits:
1. I want them on my left
2. I want to raise atleast 40% of my hands while they are in the blinds (to steal)

Xanta 07-10-2007 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not intending to hijack the thread or anything, but how does this change if he's playing a 16/15/5 style instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Things change in a massive way. That's twice the VPIP and 3 times the PFR, as well as way more aggro. Your 16/15/5 is just a little on the tighter side of TAG, so play him like you would a normal TAG. Those def aren't nit stats.

Peter Harris 07-10-2007 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whereas we can stack him fairly often postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

these aren't the stats of someone who stacks off "often" postflop.

munkey 07-10-2007 06:15 AM

I was only reading the other one Mr Matrix started last night, and considered starting a new on with a 'wannabe LAG' in my database then found out it was a 2p2er [no names] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I put him on my left and openly steal his blinds with whatever, he'll often start calling but I'l still cbet but be'll out of his comfort zone even though I often have junk OOP in teh SB if I'm there. I also like him on my left because he'll be taking a seat that isn't a loosey that will float me all the time so I can play more hands IP vs the whole of the table and he will often fold when I'm CO/HJ and give me the postflop BTN and as we all know position is the shizzle.

On flop I play more aggro HU often rasing or calling and stealing on the turn- but he may be a float 1 street with PP type but will likely check it down so no expensive double barrels - but this depends on the flop texture vs his range.

He unlikely has many draws[less SCs/Axs hands] so checking the turn is often good with draws/1pair hands.

His turn aggr, river > flop so if he calls the flop bets/raise I'm shutting down 1pair hands which are weak vs his range.

ATs+, 88+ and some overvalued semi-broadway KJ,KQ,QJ as PFR range - he liekly limps Axs,small PPs.

Maybe we could post some hands vs this villan as examples if anyone's got PT available.

Peter Harris 07-10-2007 06:50 AM

agreed, i want him one seat on my left so i can have his SB and his button always.

don't have any meaningful hands from such players as these, just checked my DB and found 2 players, 2 hands, neither elucidating.

Worm75 07-11-2007 08:37 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Pokey