Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Weird spot with friend and possible jailtime (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540939)

ginko 11-08-2007 12:02 AM

Re: Weird spot with friend and possible jailtime

dont do it. he wont repay, and he deserves punishment for his crimes

FaDi 11-08-2007 12:14 AM

Meet him one on one and talk about it. Then decide.

mookboi 11-08-2007 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if it's really money or jail, I'm pretty sure he'll get the money

[/ QUOTE ]

CalledDownLight 11-08-2007 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if it's really money or jail, I'm pretty sure he'll get the money

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Also, if you are well off and can afford it then "hire" him to do some bitch work for you for like $20/hr and make him work for like 50 hours in this time period. Then he'll only be 5k short. He should be able to scrape up a few hundred here and a few hundred there if he really is a good kid. If you give him the money I would not really expect to get it back so it should be out of your good will.

Also, $6k is a [censored] lot for a cashier to be taking in cash. Did he take like every [censored] dollar for a month straight or something?

Starfish 11-08-2007 12:38 AM

It prolly goes this way: the thief pays your friend every month, then he pays you. Then the thief won't pay, your friend says he's trying to get him pay so he could pay you, then he maybe pays you something once or twice. I don't think he will feel he's fully responsible for the debt that the thief prolly never pays him back.

My guess is you'll end up getting $500-1000 back. If it satisfies you, do it.

Why couldn't he sell everything he owns, then get more from his family, then try to borrow the rest? I think I know the answer, though. I know many guys like him.

Dale Dough 11-08-2007 12:39 AM

How the [censored] do his parents not bail him out here? The fact that this obvious route wasn't mentioned makes me doubt he is a good kid. I mean ffs any working person should be able to get a 6k loan right?

shaftman11 11-08-2007 12:39 AM

Peter... watch out for your cornhole, bud.

-zero- 11-08-2007 12:41 AM

I'd never do this unless it was a close friend and I didn't care about getting the money back.

*** 11-08-2007 12:44 AM

Why doesn't he use the $6000 he stole? Because he spent it frivolously. Lending that kind of money to someone with that kind of money management skill seems like a bad idea.

Starfish 11-08-2007 12:47 AM

Besides, those cashier thieves usually spend the money in drugs or gambling. Unless they are women, when they could also spend it in clothes that is the same thing. And would you ever trust a drug addict or gambler?