Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Any updates on Tommy Angelo's book? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521159)

fraac 10-12-2007 10:21 AM

Re: Any updates on Tommy Angelo\'s book?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

I haven't heard it discssed recently and was just wondering if it should be my next purchase.

I just heard that he had decided to have it printed in the UK, and as a result it won't reach the US market for at least another 6 to 9 months.

That would be fine as long as he isn't stupid enough to come in here and say the reason we have to wait so long is because he saved money.

If that was the reason, would you rather he lied?

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO, but it ain't lying it is witholding information that the buyer doesn't really need. This was clearly a situation that required them to be, what I refer to as "suitably vauge". "Unavoidable delays" or "Circumstances caused a delay" would have been plenty of information and wouldn't have bothered me at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. You reach a stage of rueful acceptance where for the sake of an easy life you don't want your girlfriend to tell you exactly where she's been.

phydaux 10-12-2007 11:04 AM

ME: "Hey honey. Did you go out last night?"

GIRLFRIEND: "Yeah. Had a great time, too."

ME: "Really, where'd you go?"

GF: "The Bunny Ranch."

ME: "The Bunny Ranch?"

GF: "Yeah."

ME: "But isn't that a brothel?"

GF: "Yeah."

ME: "So you went as a customer, or were you... auditioning?"

"GF: "Sweetheart, don't ask questions unless you really want to know the answer."

andyfox 10-13-2007 04:30 PM

It's at the publisher's. Probably another six weeks or so and it will be out. Well worth the wait.

fraac 10-13-2007 05:02 PM

Will it be on Amazon?

phydaux 10-13-2007 05:45 PM

Either order it from this site (ConJelCo, actually) or from Poker Mike.

Cactus Jack 10-14-2007 09:09 AM

Nov 18 or 20, I forget. Probably before Christmas. Or New Year's. Maybe Chinese New Year.

steamboatin 10-14-2007 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nov 18 or 20, I forget. Probably before Christmas. Or New Year's. Maybe Chinese New Year.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's okay with me, Barry T's new limit book is going to require a lot of study and practice so later is better for me in this situation.

Dynasty 10-31-2007 10:40 PM

This month's Two Plus Two Internet Magazine has an excerpt from Tommy's book.

Book Excerpt from "Elements of Poker": Fastrolling

Pokerpun 11-03-2007 03:50 PM

Ithought this book would be great, but
To be honest the excerpt in the 2+2 mag does not look very iteresting

*TT* 11-03-2007 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ithought this book would be great, but
To be honest the excerpt in the 2+2 mag does not look very interesting

[/ QUOTE ]

question - what did you expect from the book? i ask because the quote was classic Tommy, it was exactly what I expect and would want to read. His specialty is in how to mentally approach the game and the adjustments that need to be made to be "one with the table".