Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Clock ruling at the Bellagio (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531652)

Sammy430 10-26-2007 07:38 AM

Re: Clock ruling at the Bellagio

Stick to the internet.

Willy 10-26-2007 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so...absolutely no one is on my side. awesome. you all suck. Up ya butt wid a coconut.

Nah, j/k. Thanks for the input anyway. If I'd called, I'd have been drawing to a one-outer anyway. I'll let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
OP "please give me you advice" [but it better agree with what I have already decided or you can go F**k yourself"]

bav 10-26-2007 09:02 AM

This tale does remind me that one thing I hate about Bellagio floors and a few others is they do NOT do a good job of explaining what is happening when they come over. Someone asks for a clock, the floor walks over and quickly states "you have 60 seconds to act" and then sits there like a stone as the player being clocked asks "what's that mean? What's a clock? What's going on?" and the floor actually refuses to explain and just keeps ticking. "You have 30 seconds" and the player replies "30 seconds for what? WHAT IS HAPPENING?" and finally someone explains it. At which point the floor is counting down 7, 6, 5... and the player is frantic insisting this isn't fair, stop counting, you can't do this, stop it!

The floor has an obligation to explain their procedures to people, and to be sure the player being clocked knows what's going on. Most floor people do this pretty well. Some just assume everybody is a poker pro and figure anybody asking "what's happening" is just angling for more time.

Does seem like there's something wrong that a player could have a clock called on him and not even know it.

At the same time, I'm with these other folks who say OP has been watching WAY too much TV poker.

Al_Capone_Junior 10-26-2007 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stick to the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play on the internet anymore, haven't for years and this is well known. Thus I post in brick and mortar. It's so simple even a regular viewer of the wpt might figure it out after a couple of decades and some coaching.

sightless 10-26-2007 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stick to the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play on the internet anymore, haven't for years and this is well known. Thus I post in brick and mortar. It's so simple even a regular viewer of the wpt might figure it out after a couple of decades and some coaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe that was for OP?
and OP what is wrong with your eyes? are you like that guy from James Bond movie or something?

Kurn, son of Mogh 10-26-2007 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so...absolutely no one is on my side. awesome. you all suck. Up ya butt wid a coconut.

Nah, j/k. Thanks for the input anyway. If I'd called, I'd have been drawing to a one-outer anyway. I'll let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not on your side because you're wrong. It is YOUR job to protect your hand and YOUR job to be aware of the action at the table.

canis582 10-26-2007 09:58 AM

http://bmwchannel.com/bb/images/smilies/vb_Kick.gif

scott1 10-26-2007 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

After 30 seconds of his debating the call, a woman (not one of us) calls for a clock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who thinks this was actually 30 seconds? He was probably 1/2 way through an album on his ipod.

iron81 10-26-2007 10:58 AM

I'd push the pot to the villain too, but I thought the Bellagio had a rule that all-in players have to put some chips out.

Bulldog 10-26-2007 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf