Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Missplayed or Bad Beat 50NL (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506831)

panda 09-22-2007 01:51 PM

Re: Missplayed or Bad Beat 50NL

I misread OP, I thought it was a late position raise, in which case that should have read as a one word answer: fold.

You're right, I shouldn't give a one-line answer but of the past 10 threads I've look at at least 4/5 had this kind of spot preflop, calling weak 1 pair hands oop and then wondering what to do. Calling UTG raises with JTs is not good.

0524432 09-22-2007 01:54 PM

the point of the mods cracking down on one-word and one-line answers is to maintain the integrity of 2p2. The reason people post these hands and certain spots they are in is to get advice and different points of view from fellow thinking players. Just because you and I know that JTs (esp OOP) fairs extremely poor against an UTG raise, doesn't mean that this hero does. If you're going to take the time to post a reply, make it useful and explain the thought process and why, as much as you possibly can.

DiamondDog 09-22-2007 04:37 PM

Thanks for the replies to my question. Very useful.

Thanks to the OP too.

panda 09-22-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the point of the mods cracking down on one-word and one-line answers is to maintain the integrity of 2p2. The reason people post these hands and certain spots they are in is to get advice and different points of view from fellow thinking players. Just because you and I know that JTs (esp OOP) fairs extremely poor against an UTG raise, doesn't mean that this hero does. If you're going to take the time to post a reply, make it useful and explain the thought process and why, as much as you possibly can.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I was wrong.

However at the same time people should not be posting lots of hands of their own, with simple answeres like this, without participating in other threads.

Nogatsira 09-22-2007 05:18 PM

Thats not a bad beat, its a cooler. There is a difference.

The only one who missplayed it was villain, even though he got your stack here

panda 09-22-2007 05:20 PM

I can't believe anyone has the knowledge to raise 22 UTG but NOT c-bet when they flop a set on a semi-wet board!

Nogatsira 09-22-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe anyone has the knowledge to raise 22 UTG but NOT c-bet when they flop a set on a semi-wet board!

[/ QUOTE ]

We can only hope those people don't get lured into these forums

panda 09-22-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We can only hope those people don't get lured into these forums

[/ QUOTE ]

Half of those that do (myself included) still do stupid stuff like this often enough.

Nogatsira 09-22-2007 05:30 PM

Thats true, but I don't think alot of people make mistakes as big as this, to slowplay sets on wet boards.
And at least we're trying to improve our game by browsing these forums [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

whyzze 09-22-2007 05:52 PM

he played very poorly. The only questionable play you made was preflop. Even then its not bad.