Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   $225: post flop part 2 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545944)

MikeMcQ1 11-14-2007 06:03 PM

Re: $225: post flop part 2

I thought QJ in the CO was a pretty standard fold in the 9mans with loose blinds? I also would bet the flop t175ish. As played I can't pull a pudge here, I'd fold.

Pudge714 11-14-2007 07:04 PM

I wasn't that clear in my earlier post, a play being too FPSY isn't a good reason to not make it. If you were to argue that his turn range is beating you that is a good argument, but it being too fpsy is not a good reason.

Little John 11-14-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought QJ in the CO was a pretty standard fold in the 9mans with loose blinds? I also would bet the flop t175ish. As played I can't pull a pudge here, I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd have to agree here.

drzen 11-14-2007 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like flop and turn, I would be really tempted to shove over his turn c/r since it looks so fos and the board is so drawy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too FPSy for a SNG?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. It's a pity we have so few hands on him. If we'd played more, I'd very much like pudge's thinking.

A paired board, you didn't bet flop. Looks a ton like a delayed cbet and quite a lot of LAGgy types will have a pop here. Actually, at the lower end, they'll have a pop here just because the board paired and they think you'll think they're repping the five because they are in the blind.

darinvg 11-15-2007 09:38 AM

Reshoving the turn still seems a little crazy for me but I can see how it's good.
The QJs CO raise seems REALLY standard to me. Offsuit I can find a fold sometimes.

Pudge714 11-15-2007 11:06 AM

Darin you realize if this board was JJK5 two flushdraws and you had AK your hand would be more or less the same.

darinvg 11-15-2007 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Darin you realize if this board was JJK5 two flushdraws and you had AK your hand would be more or less the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not fully grasping this. In my hand I have "middle pair" and in your hand I have "top pair." In my hand I'm pretty much only beating a bluff but your hand I'm at least beating a few other TPWK or 5 combos. Any other way of getting this through my pea brain?

DDBeast 11-15-2007 11:54 AM

Yeah I don't understand that either.

Pudge714 11-15-2007 11:57 AM

Darin,
You shouldn't be thinking of your hand in terms of "midpair/topair" you should think about villains range.
If the board was Kh 5d Jh Jd and he c/red the turn is range of better hands would be complete air, semi bluffs, and jacks rarely Kx. Similarly on this board his range is air, semi bluffs and kings. So AK on the first board is very similar to QJ on this board. I'm still not sure what is best since his line is so weird, but I haven't heard any particularly good arguments for folding just "It's too FPSY to get all in because you only have middle pair'