Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   New Article on Michelle Wie (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=481009)

FireStorm 08-20-2007 09:50 AM

Re: New Article on Michelle Wie

Newsflash, this was a tough one to come up with, but .... she's simply not that good.

BigSoonerFan 08-20-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Newsflash, this was a tough one to come up with, but .... she's simply not that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's got six Top 5 finishes in majors. She missed the cut at men's tour events. She was ranked #2 in the world. I'd say she was pretty good. She may not be good at THIS moment, but I'd say in general she's still pretty good and has huge potential. Between the injuries and picked the wrong person to revamp her swing (David Leadbetter), she's definitely not at her best at the moment.

ntnBO 08-20-2007 01:18 PM

She does have huge potential, but that initial women's golf world ranking was a complete farce. No way she should have been #2, she hadn't won anything. The rankings were tweaked and she dropped like a stone.

If she would grow up a bit and concentrate solely on LPGA events like every other female, I believe she could turn this around. Naturally she needs to be healthy first.

BO

FireStorm 08-20-2007 04:26 PM

Rankins system is very flawed. She didn't just "miss the cut" at men's events, she missed numerous cuts, some by huge margins, and withdrew in other events. She has shot nightmares of rounds in the past 12 months on the LPGA, and she has 0 wins to her credit.

selurah 08-20-2007 09:05 PM

"Shooting 88 is not what I think about."

ROFL, sure it isn't.

By-Tor 08-20-2007 09:49 PM

lol, the hate mongering continues by the people who would most likely get there's asses whopped on by the spoiled little girl.

she didn't create the rankings, ask for the endorsements or request the sponsor exemptions.

learn who to hate.

bonds 08-20-2007 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
learn who to hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Her parents?

LetItBe 08-20-2007 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ask for the endorsements or request the sponsor exemptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, so she was forced to sign the contracts and play in the events?

And what does her being able to beat 99% of golfers have to do with the subject of this article?

By-Tor 08-20-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying you would have turned them down given the position she was in?

[ QUOTE ]
And what does her being able to beat 99% of golfers have to do with the subject of this article?

[/ QUOTE ]

because 99% of the golfers here suck and have no place to offer an opinion about what a someone light years ahead of them in ability should and shouldn't do?

yes...that's why.

LetItBe 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying you would have turned them down given the position she was in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not, but I would be prepared to face the criticism when I didn't live up to the hype that got me those endorsements in the first place.

And LOL at the second argument...so I can't criticize an NFL QB because I am not as good? I can't laugh at a wild pitch because I'm not able to throw a 98 mph pitch? Right.