Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Legislation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Update from the PPA (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541561)

IndyFish 11-08-2007 09:12 PM

Re: Update from the PPA

Will this hearing only be attended by the Judiciary Committee, or is it likely that other members of the House will attend? I'm gonna fire off a letter to my non-responding representative either way.

Also, thank you PPABryan. Most of your post is old news, but it's nice to have it all available in one post for those who only visit this forum occasionally. It would be nice if something like that could be emailed to every PPA member.

P.S. Please ignore any grammatical inconsistencies in this post as my writers are on strike. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Uglyowl 11-08-2007 09:21 PM

Thanks for the update Bryan. Even if there are some other posts about some of these subjects, I like the periodic round-up of accomplishments, upcoming events and updates in one place.

Keep up the good work and fantastic news about John Conyers!

Spike Forehand 11-09-2007 09:06 PM

Very nice summary Brian - keep up the good work.

So happy to see real progress.

- Spike

TruePoker CEO 11-09-2007 09:38 PM

Good show, so Conyers is backing the Skill Games Bill ? Great !

The Skill Games Act represents to best poker hope for legislation. It is nice to see Conyers is holding the hearing. Is FoF invited to testify ?

What about the US based skill game providers ? Try and get them an invite, shake them up a bit to activate them.

oldbookguy 11-09-2007 10:07 PM

Re: Good show, so Conyers is backing the Skill Games Bill ? Great !

Great point True, we need world winner at the table since they are actually part of a large U S media company.

obg

[ QUOTE ]
The Skill Games Act represents to best poker hope for legislation. It is nice to see Conyers is holding the hearing. Is FoF invited to testify ?

What about the US based skill game providers ? Try and get them an invite, shake them up a bit to activate them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richas 11-10-2007 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, thank you PPABryan. Most of your post is old news, but it's nice to have it all available in one post for those who only visit this forum occasionally. It would be nice if something like that could be emailed to every PPA member.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Berge20 11-10-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Will this hearing only be attended by the Judiciary Committee, or is it likely that other members of the House will attend? I'm gonna fire off a letter to my non-responding representative either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless a member not on the committee has an extremely strong desire to participate, generally nobody else does. It's technically against committee rules for non-committee members to sit-in on the hearing, although that can be waived. Normally if a member has a very strong interest (ie their state is directly impacted, but nobody from the committee is from that state) or requested the committee hold the hearing, then one might ask.

PPAdc 11-10-2007 03:14 PM

As I understand the hearing will have a "Members Panel" and then a panel of the other witnesses, like Annie, a rep from the DOJ, Treasury, etc.

As of now, our good friend Bob Goodlatte will testify on the members panel as will Shelly Berkeley. Others may be added.

John A. Pappas
Executive Director
Poker Players Alliance

IndyFish 11-11-2007 01:55 AM

Thank you, Berge and Mr. Pappas, for helping to clarify that for me. Always interesting to discover these little tidbits of how our gov't works.