Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   JAMIE GOLD comes Clean in Interview (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356817)

Humble Pie 03-16-2007 06:37 PM

Re: JAMIE GOLD comes Clean in Interview

[ QUOTE ]
He'll be gone from the poker scene for good after the 2007 WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully disagree. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

SuperUberBob 03-16-2007 07:42 PM

Hard to change the first impression you make on the general public. Best bet if Jamie really wants to fix things up is to keep himself low-key and as far out of the spotlight as possible.

ilyasik 03-16-2007 07:50 PM

i still don't like him.. not very likable person.. also what he played on hsp season 3 was awful! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
even gabe kaplan did better :P

kflop 03-16-2007 09:14 PM

Sure Gold got lucky in the WSOP. But, I still think he's a talented player, unique player. I don't think you'll see him playing above his head and I'd also go on a limb and say he's not into sports betting or the pit. He'll be around for a while.

Having said that, I also think he's a insincere, manipulative douche.

demon102 03-16-2007 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i still don't like him.. not very likable person.. also what he played on hsp season 3 was awful! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude seriously there were a ton of players that played worse the Kaplan.

ed8383 03-16-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He'll be gone from the poker scene for good after the 2007 WSOP. Sorry dude, it's probably too late, you blew it.

[/ QUOTE ]
i bet he will play a decent amount of tournaments and will final table a big tourney in 07 much like past champs. This tournament of course will legitimize his win a little more and earn him more respect. Remember when moneymaker made the final table at the shooting stars? that was the last important event he did in poker for some time. I think the same will happen with Gold. He will make a final table and then we won't see him again for a while.

ThaHero 03-16-2007 10:42 PM

Does his neck look weird or is it just me(and the liquor)?

iMsoLucky0 03-16-2007 11:05 PM

I didn't watch the interview because I can't stand to watch Jamie Gold talk more than I have to but I have read a bunch of interviews and read his deposition for the lawsuit.

My question is this: Does he come clean about being a welcher? Or only about being cocky, etc.? Because the post early that relayed what he said didn't say anything about him coming clean about trying to screw the other guy out of a bunch of money.

fizresh 03-16-2007 11:33 PM

thx for the link. i've been a gold hater and i'm glad i saw this.

no 5-min interview can erase his past dbag-ness, but he seems sincere. he acknowledges mistakes, apologizes and wants another chance. fair enough.

ilyasik 03-20-2007 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude seriously there were a ton of players that played worse the Kaplan.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know that kaplan is a good poker player too, but in this case (hsp 3) gold was horrible and kaplan on the other side showed up his poker skills [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
and i of a wsop winner i expect some better plays.