Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Standard folds? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=474134)

mvoss 08-10-2007 11:11 AM

Re: Standard folds?

[ QUOTE ]
4-bet/cap the preflop action in hand 1 because a) you may have the better hand, and b) this gives you the best chance of leading on the flop. You need to flop a set or make him fold, IMO, unless he'll call down with a big ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy overaggression...

TheHip41 08-10-2007 01:48 PM

lmao at open raising 22 in the CO, have fun with that one.

against retardo that are 77/20+ and I have a note they 3barrel i'm never folding that 7, ever

thepizzlefosho 08-10-2007 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lmao at open raising 22 in the CO, have fun with that one.

against retardo that are 77/20+ and I have a note they 3barrel i'm never folding that 7, ever

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with this. I took 22 and 33 out of my opening range here (and sometimes 44 depending on the blinds) and I don't regret it at all. The hand just plays horribly post-flop against blinds that defend any decent amount and have any amount of aggression.

mvoss 08-10-2007 02:26 PM

Raising 22 here isn't terrible, especially if the blinds are as weak/tight as SB is looking.

thepizzlefosho 08-10-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising 22 here isn't terrible, especially if the blinds are as weak/tight as SB is looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess, but by this logic I feel 64s also plays just as well. I am just as likely to steal the blinds, and if I get any resistance postflop I probably have to fold.

I know that is a little bit of an exageration, and the 22 obviously has some value because it is a made hand that beats A-highs, but I guess I just don't think I play quite well enough postflop to play this against all but the tightest of blinds.

Tryptamean 08-10-2007 03:11 PM

I'm suprised it took 12 replies before someone said fold pf in hand 1. No way this makes money with 3 players left to act. If you are really considering capping a 3-bet from a tight player, then that's just crazy.

Hand 2 against the player you describe I call down and hate myself for getting pwned by this type of player.

mvoss 08-10-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No way this makes money with 3 players left to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you know this how???

yourface 08-10-2007 03:33 PM

I fold in hand 1 as well. I fold 33 as well if I think it's going to be multiway a lot

Apanage 08-10-2007 03:47 PM

Hand1: Open raising 22 from CO is pretty bad. I even think open raising from Button is super marginal. I think the fold is OK.We are pretty much hoping for him to have AK and AQ and then he still has a lot of outs. Peeling flop and/or turn are not completetly wrong but I prefer folding.

Hand 2:I prefer folding here too since we are OOP.If we had been in position I would be more proned to call down.But since this one is close I like taking a non-variance road.

Tryptamean 08-10-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No way this makes money with 3 players left to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you know this how???

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm, I don't know [censored] actually. I just remember stox not raising 22-33 in this spot in a video, I think. IIRC he also looks a little bit at these hands in the database analysis section of WITHG (as well as A2o OTB).

Basically most of my comments are just regurgitations of his stuff. I just throw it out there and hope it still makes sense when it comes out of my mouth.