Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   We haven't won yet: latest (10/19) cliff's notes on AP scandal (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526824)

N 82 50 24 10-19-2007 08:36 PM

Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
39) Nat talks to AP on the phone, and they said that Stars has a great VIP program, among other things

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Nat ever said that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I definitely didn't. The guy did not give me that story.

EDIT: FMP to make it say something else that the guy did not say to me

KurtSF 10-19-2007 08:37 PM

Sorry Nat.

I edited the op. Either everyone is going to have to edit their quotes of my mistake, or mods will have to edit it out.

N82 for mod.

NoahSD 10-19-2007 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
39) Nat talks to AP on the phone, and they give him the same story about a rogue low-level programmer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Relevant portion from Nat's phone call:

[ QUOTE ]
Among other things, he said that "geek" was not a correct term to be used here and if someone said that it was not what AP meant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, what's more likely? An MSNBC reporter made up some wild story, or AP's throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dudd,
I think things are pretty chaotic at AP right now, so I wouldn't blame them for saying and then retracting tiny things like that.

Edit: Also, thanks kurt.

Number27 10-19-2007 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
39) Nat talks to AP on the phone, and they give him the same story about a rogue low-level programmer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I definitely didn't. The guy did not give me that story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because it wouldn't be the best idea to feed a BS story to the person who holds alot of information about what really happened. Best to save the Die Hard spiel for non-poker media who will eat it up.

Next up: The head of Absolute IT department planted a "worm virus" that would tip all of the oil tankers in the world; but some teenage hackers broke the system to save the world and in the process got access to whole cards.

http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/...rs/poster1.jpg

stabn 10-19-2007 08:46 PM

So do we believe AP's current version of events (that it was some rogue employee and that no money was actually cashed out)?

KurtSF 10-19-2007 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So do we believe AP's current version of events (that it was some rogue employee and that no money was actually cashed out)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for anyone else, but if you're asking me if I believe it...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah

Ahem. That was a good one. No, I'm not buying it for a second. Seriously, they investigate for A MONTH and find nothing. We show them proof positive and 24 hours later, not only have they figured it all out, but they've FIXED IT.

I don't think so.

sheetsworld 10-19-2007 08:50 PM

Dont know where this should be inserted in the cliffsnotes timeline but it was on august22, before the potripper tourney, where I got 2nd to one of the cheating accounts, Payup, in the 1k mtt.

I laughed about Payups invincibility throughout the course of the tourney with inissint while on the phone but didnt think anything of it really until 2+2 started looking into the potripper tourney which i THINK occured later. I sent adanthar my hh for the payup tourney and he essentilly confirmed that the same shenanigans were involved and the payup account was also closed by AP.

sheets

N 82 50 24 10-19-2007 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for anyone else, but if you're asking me if I believe it...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah

Ahem. That was a good one. No, I'm not buying it for a second. Seriously, they investigate for A MONTH and find nothing. We show them proof positive and 24 hours later, not only have they figured it all out, but they've FIXED IT.

I don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]
To be fair, the guy on the phone admitted that a number of things needed to be changed. He never said that they fixed it. It's clear (at least to him) that they need to change.

**Once again, assuming he's not feeding me a bunch of lies

ur2barredout 10-19-2007 08:55 PM

I think we should assume they are all feeding us lies until they prove otherwise.

Synergistic Explosions 10-19-2007 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont know where this should be inserted in the cliffsnotes timeline but it was on august22, before the potripper tourney, where I got 2nd to one of the cheating accounts, Payup, in the 1k mtt.

I laughed about Payups invincibility throughout the course of the tourney with inissint while on the phone but didnt think anything of it really until 2+2 started looking into the potripper tourney which i THINK occured later. I sent adanthar my hh for the payup tourney and he essentilly confirmed that the same shenanigans were involved and the payup account was also closed by AP.

sheets

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? I haven't heard about this tourney before.