Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   tipping w/other ppl's money (coworkers, boss) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546907)

Henry17 11-15-2007 04:20 PM

Re: tipping w/other ppl\'s money (coworkers, boss)

I usually tip 20% then round off to the next full bill. The $24 I would have tipped $6. The $31 I would have tipped $9 but I'd then give the boss back $5 from my own pocket. It really depends on where I work. If it is a smaller business then I might just tip $4.

I agree with the wife on the valet issue.

mbillie1 11-15-2007 04:22 PM

fwiw it is a small business

Henry17 11-15-2007 04:25 PM

I just realized the US has $1 bills so I'd just tip 20% without any rounding.

heater 11-15-2007 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ask the person giving you the money how much you should tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't do this. Your boss will think you're retarded if you can't even handle such a simple responsibility as tipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think it's standard to casually ask, "How much for the tip?" or something along those lines. It is the boss's money.

forshure 11-15-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would just tip my standard amount for delivery, which usually is around 5-10%, $1 minimum

[/ QUOTE ]

I was visiting Ann Arbor from UofI this weekend, and was told of that shirt and went searching for it drunk at half time. Could not find it and kept getting really funny faces like it for some reason did not exist even though many had told me it did.

El Diablo 11-15-2007 04:44 PM

mb,

For the first one, with the boss, ask him "About how much do we normally tip the delivery guy?"

For the second one, lunch for you and coworkers, tip whatever you want.

mbillie1 11-15-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mb,

For the first one, with the boss, ask him "About how much do we normally tip the delivery guy?"

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems good, ty

fwiw I woulda posted this before the incident but our internet was down at work lol

mak15 11-15-2007 05:30 PM

similar but different:

Solo taxi ride: the receipt is for the amount of the fare. Do I just write next to it the tip amount? Or do I just tip out of pocket? I kind of don't mind tipping on my own since theoretically my tip is a reward for the driver for providing a service to me.

SackUp 11-15-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
similar but different:

Solo taxi ride: the receipt is for the amount of the fare. Do I just write next to it the tip amount? Or do I just tip out of pocket? I kind of don't mind tipping on my own since theoretically my tip is a reward for the driver for providing a service to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have him give you a receipt including the tip.

Tony_P 11-15-2007 05:50 PM

driver can't add a tip to the receipt if the meter just spits one out. Writing in is standard