Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Tips and Hints for Newbies (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=113633)

jaustin 05-16-2006 04:19 PM

Re: Tips and Hints for Newbies

Nice post Nemo, don't listen to the 2+2 nazis who are insulting you. For future reference, though, you must have 1000+ posts in order to be complimented for your long posts.

I agree with all of your advice, and had the same experience myself. I had huge profits during my first few weeks playing limit, and thought I was a poker god. It took some painful downswings and my current 10k hand break-even stretch to bring me back down to earth.

On the topic of BR, I started with $200 playing .5-1 (200 BIG BETS), but like I said, I was running really well and in no danger of going busto. I agree that 300 BIG BETS is sufficient.

kerowo 05-16-2006 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is usually a distinction without a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

The big blind is usually 1/2 the big bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I hear someone say 300 times the BB (either way) for .5/1 I know they mean $300, so for me it is a distinction wihthout a difference. And since the rest of you are just holograms that's good enough for me.

Daniel Magix 05-16-2006 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You should have [300 x (the big blind)] in order to play at that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to be a jerk, but isn't the recommended BR 300X big BET, not big Blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nit. Most people just say BB because they don't know and it is usually a distinction without a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not trying to insult the guy at all, I just wanted to clarify. In Limit, there is a difference in Big Blind and Big Bet. If his post was meant to help newbies, they might read “300XBig Blind”, and assume that $150 was adequate for a .50/$1 game, since the big blind is .50 at that level.

kiemo 05-16-2006 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice post Nemo, don't listen to the 2+2 nazis who are insulting you. For future reference, though, you must have 1000+ posts in order to be complimented for your long posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the stupidiest thing ever wrote on this site.

When this thread is off the front page in a day, hows a 'newbie' supposed to learn this information [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Oh thats right theres a FAQ in this forums and a beginners forum just down the road that already has this information in it.

Daniel Magix 05-16-2006 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats the stupidiest thing ever wrote on this site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can't believe he writed that. How stupid.