Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   My Swing Video (Driver) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=488728)

midfielderdave 08-30-2007 01:22 AM

Re: My Swing Video (Driver)

Here's a clip of my topped 4 wood shot. This has been my main problem lately with my 4 wood off the tee. Was the ball not teed up high enough, or did I move my head too much?
Thanks,
Dave

4 wood mishit

TripleH68 08-30-2007 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a clip of my topped 4 wood shot. This has been my main problem lately with my 4 wood off the tee. Was the ball not teed up high enough, or did I move my head too much?
Thanks,
Dave

4 wood mishit

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a video from the side next time. You will then see clearly how much you are dropping your left shoulder on the takeaway. And how this puts you in a poor position at the top of your swing.

You also look like you are just trying to kill the ball. Relax.

Clarkmeister 08-30-2007 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your swing plane is very upright because you finish with your arms up around your head instead of by your left shoulder. That swing plane would cause pulls and slices.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds a lot like me.

TripleH68 08-30-2007 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your swing plane is very upright because you finish with your arms up around your head instead of by your left shoulder. That swing plane would cause pulls and slices.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds a lot like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think about it your shoulders must be tilting to produce this upright swing. Your left shoulder dipping on the takeaway. I think this sometimes comes from an exaggerated, low takeaway.

kyzerjose 08-30-2007 03:17 PM

On both shots you're taking the club away to the outside.
It looks like you cast both clubs to initiate your down swing, your hands and arms are at least a foot away from your body creating an outside in swing. It looks like you try and save it by rotating your hips too quickly so your hands never catch up.
Your 4 wood looks like you slide back rather than rotating through the ball.
As it's been pointed out before, you're really dropping your L shoulder early in your take away then pulling it up coming through the ball.
Work on taking the club back lower and almost a little too inside. You're also picking the club up to take it away rather than using your core muscles.

sawseech 08-30-2007 06:20 PM

sick long backswing
you just got stuck, couldn't get the arms back to address

stand off the ball a bit more and shorten up the backswing?

thisnamedoesntfi 08-30-2007 06:33 PM

Forget about what you are doing wrong, you look like you have a good amount of power there, and your armswing is very good. You really need to practice hitting balls off your knees. Tee up a six iron on the range and practice hitting shots off your knees, the ball will hook a bit due to the lie angle of the club. The swing will feel really flat to you. Swing the club behind you then hit in front of you.

Another thing you could do is to hit balls with your left foot on top of a range bucket.

Both of these drills will help you feel what you need to feel to hit the ball consistently. Looking at your swing what you primarily need is better balance.

xxGreat1xx 08-31-2007 12:51 AM

your balance looks a little off and you look like you might be using too much of you're right hand. This will make you snap hook the ball a lot. Overall not too bad

midfielderdave 08-31-2007 04:50 PM

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions everyone. I'll be golfing tonight so I'll try out the new swing and I'll post another video.
Dave

LetItBe 09-01-2007 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions everyone. I'll be golfing tonight so I'll try out the new swing and I'll post another video.
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

RANGE! GO TO THE RANGE! You usually don't want to "try out new swings" while playing a round.