Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   beat: just got RAPED by the dmv (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546843)

Ganjasaurus Rex 11-15-2007 01:39 PM

Re: beat: just got RAPED by the dmv

Some states that don't have state tax (e.g. Florida) charge way more for car registration to make up for the loss in state taxes. Also, in Florida, you own your plates (or at least it was the case when i was there), and when you buy a new car, you transfer the plates to that new car. It's just a different system.

nation 11-15-2007 01:39 PM

mother [censored] today was the day my roll broke 20k again and im beat back down to 19.5 this is putting me on life tilt i may need to buy a punching bag or something o wait thats just more money that i have to spend FUCKKFU FCUKF DUFKC [censored] FUCKF [censored]

nation 11-15-2007 01:40 PM

yea theres no state tax in nevada and she said i own these plates...what does that mean? i dont have to pay 400 or whatever ever again? i don't really understand the difference between owning the plates and not owning them.

Ganjasaurus Rex 11-15-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea theres no state tax in nevada and she said i own these plates...what does that mean? i dont have to pay 400 or whatever ever again? i don't really understand the difference between owning the plates and not owning them.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you own the plates, then when you buy another car, you put those plates on the new car. In other states, when you buy a new car, you have to get new plates. In other words, in Nevada, the plates go with YOU and not the car.

[ QUOTE ]
$296 of it on the recept is for Govt Services tax.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is luxury tax. Nevada apparently [censored] you in that dept.

Governmental Services tax is a value-based fee for vehicles registering in Nevada. These taxes are returned to your local city, county and school district.

nation 11-15-2007 01:44 PM

so in other states you mean i would have had to pay that fee or whatever again if i got a new car? this doesnt even affect me im gonn ahave this car until i die

TheMetetron 11-15-2007 01:44 PM

Someone should've told you this. No one I knew that lived in Nevada traded in their old plates unless they were retarded. So much cheaper to keep it in another state. The insurance rate is expensive there too. I kept my California stuff but got a Nevada driver's license for tax purposes (your driver's license usually determines your residence).

Ganjasaurus Rex 11-15-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so in other states you mean i would have had to pay that fee or whatever again if i got a new car?

[/ QUOTE ]
In many other states, yes.

[ QUOTE ]
this doesnt even affect me im gonn ahave this car until i die

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure they've calculated that into their money-making scheme.

octaveshift 11-15-2007 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have an 05 subaru legacy gt

[/ QUOTE ]

Brag: Great car, I used to have one.

Beat: I had to pay $1100 in CO to register my new one.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

diddyeinstein 11-15-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
she said i own these plates

[/ QUOTE ]

That's while your notice NV license plates that look like 50 years old on some cars.

Stuck out to me because in TX almost everyone has the same plates. 'Cept for me now, with my specialized "Texas, it's like a whole other country" plates.

RERAISE5823 11-15-2007 02:44 PM

Yeah, now multiply that by 3 and you've got my bill for changing registrations from NY to CO.