Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   how can i extract the most out of this?? turned quads (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=318022)

DaCooler 01-29-2007 01:24 PM

Re: how can i extract the most out of this?? turned quads

i hate miniraising but at the time i just wanted to get enuf in to make the river a call, i think i shouldve put it to 85 or so..

Spy Dog 01-29-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate miniraising

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

FWIW, minraising (or minreraising) is often the best play.

AE6 01-29-2007 01:34 PM

i don't understand why you lead if you weren't planning to 3bet.

AE6 01-29-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i hate miniraising

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

FWIW, minraising (or minreraising) is often the best play.

[/ QUOTE ]
you misspelled 'rarely'

Jay Riall 01-29-2007 01:37 PM

People who say 'don't minraise' are as bad imo as peopl who say 'don't slowplay' etc etc without even thinking about it. Minraising is good in certain situations. I think it's fine here, I probably make it more like $70 just so the rest of his stack slides in that bit easier on the river.

4_2_it 01-29-2007 01:39 PM

Seems fine. Anything that calls $60-$80 is going to call your push. You aren't getting anything from a horribly played missed draw or much from an AK-like hand.

skegvegaspoker 01-29-2007 01:40 PM

$80 raise on the turn. Get the rest in on the river.

Jay Riall 01-29-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems fine. Anything that calls $60-$80 is going to call your push. You aren't getting anything from a horribly played missed draw or much from an AK-like hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol AK/AQ go broke all the time in these spots.

Dan Bitel 01-29-2007 01:51 PM

A bigger c/r on the turn makes it MUCH easier to get the $$$ in on the river (people dont like calling 60BB river bets) and also gets the most from him when he has a draw that misses on river

AE6 01-29-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who say 'don't minraise' are as bad imo as peopl who say 'don't slowplay' etc etc without even thinking about it. Minraising is good in certain situations. I think it's fine here, I probably make it more like $70 just so the rest of his stack slides in that bit easier on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
quick reply makes it hard to tell if you are directing this at me or not, but for the record i definitely agree. i just think saying minraising is often the correct play is wrong, and that it's way more true to say that situations where minraising is the correct play are rare. not nonexistent, just not particularly common.

in this spot i'd probably make it 75 or 80 on the turn. edit: probably 77 to save my self half a second of typing