Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Request for a ruling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=411573)

Rottersod 05-25-2007 07:21 PM

Re: Request for a ruling

[ QUOTE ]
"You got me" with pushing cards forward sounds like a concession. This action declares "I concede, you win."

[ QUOTE ]
Player B shows a pair of aces and starts raking the pot in.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's player As responsibility to table his hand before the pot has been claimed. Player B gets the pot because Player A was a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong-O.

Precept2 05-25-2007 10:32 PM

Conceding victory and pushing your cards in is a muck.

Lottery Larry 05-25-2007 10:37 PM

This isn't a muck until the cards touch the muck. That verbal declaration isn't equivalent to "I fold".

Player A's pot, but he should be warned to be careful about his verbal actions and moves in the future.

Lottery Larry 05-25-2007 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"You got me" with pushing cards forward sounds like a concession. This action declares "I concede, you win."

[/ QUOTE ]

Also wrong-o. What it sounds like and what it is are two different things.

Lottery Larry 05-25-2007 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Conceding victory and pushing your cards in is a muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, depending on any past history of angle-shooting.

Lottery Larry 05-25-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A more interesting situation...

What if Player A does the same thing, then Player B says "Cool" and mucks, then starts raking the pot.

Does Player A's verbal "you got me" and his cards moving an inch forward constitute a fold, making his hand dead?

I think it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but making a verbal declaration that causes an incorrect action behind you could make your hand dead.

If Player B did not show his hand before mucking, then he is warned to table his hand in the future and not to let go of his cards until the pot is in his possession.

Player A is warned that he might get ruled against in the future if he gets cutesy.

Karak567 05-25-2007 11:31 PM

We had this discussion with a dealer at the Borg this past week. She said as long as the cards don't hit the muck they are still live if they are flipped before they hit the muck.

She said any good dealer will have their hand over the muck protecting it to make absolutely sure a player wants his or her cards to go in there.

pfapfap 05-26-2007 01:09 PM

Be very very careful when trying to go with any of these variations in a cardroom, as it varies everywhere.

Outside of that, listen to Larry and Rottersod regarding rulings.

Taso 05-26-2007 01:39 PM

Saying "You got me" is not a conceding anything. You can say "you got me" and still retain your hand, ie: "you got me, oh, you only have 9 high? I guess my King high is good, okay, I'll just go ahead and rake this pot in."

DavidNB 05-26-2007 03:42 PM

Ruling was correct, Player A never folded.
ON a side note, had it been me in players B position, I would of waited for player A either muck his hand or show it before tabling my aces.