Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   $114 really weird hand vs Poker_in_PB (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519252)

pokerman777 10-09-2007 05:16 PM

Re: $114 really weird hand vs Poker_in_PB

Bet flop 325 .
River check as played .

kleath 10-09-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you bet the river? If your read is correct and he has a strong hand, check/fold or may be check/call the river. If your read is incorrect and he might have some thing like 88, you should be shoving pre.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the river because I wasnt expecting the turn to get checked through if he had a big hand. I really hate how I played this.

Ryan how many times would you have to see QQ+ before you stopped pushing AK, which if he's limping QQ+, AK its a fairly bad shove?

suzzer99 10-09-2007 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many times would you have to see QQ+ before you stopped pushing AK, which if he's limping QQ+, AK its a fairly bad shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

Enough times that he should start doing it with other stuff or risk losing a lot of value. I'd say more than 5 times and never anything but QQ+ I might start to take notice.

kleath 10-09-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how many times would you have to see QQ+ before you stopped pushing AK, which if he's limping QQ+, AK its a fairly bad shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

Enough times that he should start doing it with other stuff or risk losing a lot of value. I'd say more than 5 times and never anything but QQ+ I might start to take notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at the post before you edited.

suzzer99 10-09-2007 05:37 PM

I was serious actually.

BHokie1 10-09-2007 05:46 PM

I haven't played him in a while, but I will say this. I never saw him limp AA/KK, it was always a min raise. I did see him limp with strange hands, and I'm pretty sure they were misclicks.

Little John 10-09-2007 05:56 PM

well, if he limps here with with 8-10 bb is QQ+ for sure, because i have seen him do it 50 times and it is never less than QQ.

but he has a lot more chips, so i dont know. just reach across the table and smack him in the face for being such a jerk. i'd check preflop and check/fold any missed flop.

kleath 10-09-2007 06:19 PM

I should probably factor in that its pipb and tank then shove and hit a river A just because its pipb, maybe say "stupid call" after I hit.

ryanghall 10-09-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you bet the river? If your read is correct and he has a strong hand, check/fold or may be check/call the river. If your read is incorrect and he might have some thing like 88, you should be shoving pre.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the river because I wasnt expecting the turn to get checked through if he had a big hand. I really hate how I played this.

Ryan how many times would you have to see QQ+ before you stopped pushing AK, which if he's limping QQ+, AK its a fairly bad shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

With AK and 10x BB? A hell of a lot of times. But I don't like to get away from AK as much as most of 2p2.

Ryan

Pudge714 10-09-2007 10:27 PM

Shove pre.
As played are you bluffing the river because your hand is bet a ton imo.