Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Flopping trip tips (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=445216)

Maliant 07-08-2007 11:18 PM

Re: Flopping trip tips

if he bet turn w/ no speech would u call? if he checked and bet river w/ no speech would u call? I realize him being tight makes decision easier.

Frond 07-09-2007 02:40 AM

It was an easy fold if he bets at all with this flop. He was as tight passive as they come. Last year I never make this fold and lose way more chips.

Hyperrrprank 07-09-2007 05:11 PM

I had a hand like this last night. 64s in the big blind. 1 caller, LP raised, SB called, I called. Flop came A 4 4 rainbow. I bet out, LP raised, everyone else folded. I just called the bet, knowing that LP mostly definitely had ace and would bet again on the turn where I could cr him. Unfortunately the turn was another Ace.

Bottom line, depending on position and my read on the other players in the hand, I sometimes wait for the turn to protect/accelerate these hands. A bad card can ruin them, so waiting can sometimes save a bet or two, but my main reason is because raising on the flop usually leaves me with no options but betting out the turn and river, and I like being able to raise the bigger streets to protect my hand. Once someone bets and calls a cr on the turn, they are also too invested in the pot to fold one more on the river.

edit to add: If there's a flush or straight draw out though, I generally start raising as soon as humanly possible, hoping that someone else has a hand and helps me trap/force out the threats.

KitCloudkicker 07-09-2007 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a hand like this last night. 64s in the big blind. 1 caller, LP raised, SB called, I called. Flop came A 4 4 rainbow. I bet out, LP raised, everyone else folded. I just called the bet, knowing that LP mostly definitely had ace and would bet again on the turn where I could cr him. Unfortunately the turn was another Ace.

Bottom line, depending on position and my read on the other players in the hand, I sometimes wait for the turn to protect/accelerate these hands. A bad card can ruin them, so waiting can sometimes save a bet or two, but my main reason is because raising on the flop usually leaves me with no options but betting out the turn and river, and I like being able to raise the bigger streets to protect my hand. Once someone bets and calls a cr on the turn, they are also too invested in the pot to fold one more on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you C/F the turn I assume

btw i play it the same.

Frond 07-09-2007 05:56 PM

I meant easy fold on the turn not the flop, sorry.

Maliant 07-09-2007 06:04 PM

Big mistake in people's game is calling down here, what else is he betting here w/ i mean u are chopping like 30% of time and losing 70% of time.